Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are the services in New Jersey?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

I might move to New Jersey and am freaking out cause I know nothing of the services there. How are the services in NJ? How are the schools, special education programs and how are the related services (OT/PT/ST)? Does your child have to get their therapy services in school or can they also go to outside providers?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
newmommy430
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.autismspeaks.org/about-us/press-releases/10-best-places-live-if-you-have-autism

I don't live in NJ, but I know northern NJ was on the list of the 10 best places to live if you have autism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfig720
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Bayonne, which is in Hudson county.  My son is in early intervention right now, he's 2 years old and they come to the house (speech, OT, developmental teacher).  Once he ages out, he gets put into ABA in the school system.  There are some ABA programs around here, but not as many as Norther up in NJ or Southern.  I find that alot of places that I can use for my son in the future will likely require me driving into Manhattan or Staten Island. I think it depends on which county you are going to move into.

lfig720
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh also Children's Speciliazed Hospital is excellent for autism and other developmental delays....and they have locations all over, plus offer services there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)