Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

She actually remembered names

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
  • 3 Replies
4 moms liked this

My little one who is 5 has a hard time with names of people. She even can forget my name and call me Dad or something else.    But I was impressed the other day and so proud. She recalled not only all the names of her cousins but to which Aunt/Uncle these children belong to.   I started to tear up in the car. Only to be told jokingly that something was wrong with me by my DH. Little things like this make me smile and think of the positive.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

This is so exciting. Our children love to amaze us in the strangest places lol. I would have started crying too. I think it is a mom thingbig smile mini

Kimmiky
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

aww. I know just how you feel.  I was so happy to see him saying goodbye and to hear from his teacher that he said "Hello Marybeth" to her everyday.  I don't know why it makes me tear up, but something about him doing stuff like this just pushes my "cry" button.  lol.  Maybe there is something wrong with us! lol!

GELiz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

OH my, As a teacher, almost always cried when a big accomplishment happened. It is soooo awesome to h succeed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN