Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Help ME.....

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
So how do you take care of you? I'm just at the end of my rope. Ds was home sick yesterday so it was a whole day of gauging his mood and trying to keep everything calm. Last night he had a melt down because his ice cream "wasn't right." Today he is staying home again, still sick.....and I just want some peace. Does that make sense? Yes, I'm a horrible mom. I know this. I just don't feel like i have the energy for it today. I just want someone to take care of me for a day. Does that make sense?

ETA: he's 11 and as tall as I am now. He doesn't get physically violent, but I have to deal with him constantly on an emotional level because I can't control him on a physical level, if that makes sense. I feel like I'm talking in circles.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Hugs momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Thank you. :)

Quoting mypbandj:

Hugs momma.
dawncs
by Dawn on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Have you thought about getting him respite services through your service provider for him? It might not be much time per week or month, but it could give you a regular break when you need it most. If you need to find a respite care provider, I recommend a college student with the major of education, psychology, social work, or nursing, and it would look great on their resume. Also, they would have more flexibility than most people in providing it.

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

LeahJ
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Normally its not so bad. He's in school most days, so usually i get a good break. I shouldn't be complaining. He's just been going through a rough patch, we are in the process of doing testing, etc. I'm way luckier than moms that are home all day, every day with high needs kids. I'm just feeling frustrated today. I think the testing and all the interviews and such are just making me extra sensitive. And whiney!

Quoting dawncs:

Have you thought about getting him respite services through your service provider for him? It might not be much time per week or month, but it could give you a regular break when you need it most. If you need to find a respite care provider, I recommend a college student with the major of education, psychology, social work, or nursing, and it would look great on their resume. Also, they would have more flexibility than most people in providing it.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Whenever you need a break you get Respite.

Quoting dawncs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)