Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

finally diagnosed aspergers AND adhd

Posted by   + Show Post
Finally after 2.5+ years of testing and trips we have a diagnosis! Starting DS on meds soon and therapy every other week! So happy for answers! I make peanuts at work and ex is 5k+ behind in support...does anyone receive SSI for their child? The half a tank of gas for therapy appts is absolutely draining my bank account! I thought it might help defer costs
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Replies (11-17):
she-ra2000
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My son (8) was diagnosed with Aspberger's and ADHD today. Although I wish my thoughts had been wrong, I 'm glad to have diagnosed now so that I can get him the help he needs.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Glad you got some answers mama...hugs and good luck!

mommanuk
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Apply! Don't wait a second, start online app today. I have ssi for ds through loophole (income disregarded with minimal assistance) but case worker told me Autism spectrum is one that is ordinarily an automatic for ssi benefits. Lots of paperwork and documentation in app process for sure. That's my experience anyway. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melanie161
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I live in Texas, and need to find a good diagnostician.   My son has some of the symptoms of aspergers, therefore we need to find someone who truely knows how to diagnose accurately so that we know how to proceed with him, i.e. education services, counseling etc.   Can you please refer a good source for finding diagnosticians?   Thanks!

CLmom09
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Quoting Melanie161:

I live in Texas, and need to find a good diagnostician.   My son has some of the symptoms of aspergers, therefore we need to find someone who truely knows how to diagnose accurately so that we know how to proceed with him, i.e. education services, counseling etc.   Can you please refer a good source for finding diagnosticians?   Thanks!

We used a place called child focus search online to see if they have anything like that in your area this sort of thing is all they deal with they do therapy there and everything so DS can get used to the people and surroundings. Or the DDBP section of childrens hospital...but our local childrens was so booked that child focus was best for us! Good luck momma! Message me if you need anything else!
Melanie161
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM

thank you so much, I will check into the resources that you recommended.

kriser
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM
My son has PDD/NOS and ADHD. We live in Ohio and get the autism scholarship for his ABA school.

We also live in a county where we receive the individual options waiver and they pay for all therapies. However it wasn't always that way. We paid $200 a week for therapies. I don't work. I would highly recommend you look into the county disabilities board and get on all the waiting lists ASAP. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN