Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

5th birthday ideas please!!! update, inviting whole special education preschool class???

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm considering inviting my daughters class, she's in special education preschool, so she has 5 or 6 class mates, all 4 or 5 yrs old. I've never hosted a party with people I didn't personally know... I have some social anxieties.. so I'm nervous to do this. Also my daughter has never been invited to a party of a kid that I didn't know the parents. So is inviting her class a bad idea? Being that they r all preschoolers and special needs? Of course the special needs don't bother me, but I need others perspective on this plz!! I'm thinking park cuz there isn't really any local kids place. The only kids place closed down and that blows cuz it was all jump houses, n giant blow up slides and ball pits :/

Jasmine will be 5 in a few months, but she doesn't really have any friends. We didn't do a party for her 4th birthday, we went to the zoo and a farm because she doesn't need anymore toys. So any suggestions? I'm sure her 6th birthday will be different because it will be the end of kindergarten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

We took Violet to the Science Centre for her 4th birthday, she absolutely loved it, and there were tons of kids there and interactive stuff to play with. Of course as chiche as some parents might think it is, we always have fun at Chuck E. Cheese's too, and there are kids there if she wanted to play with some.

Bluerose1482
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Have a princess tea party.  Dress in fancy clothes, wear crowns, drink out of fancy (wine) glasses, have fancy food (my daughter thinks sandwhiches with the crust cut off and cut into small pieces are fancy), eat off of 'china', light a candle etc. 

OR

Rent a hotel room in a hotel with an indoor pool so she can swim.  Order room service.

OR

Buy her some cowgirl boots, a cowgirl hat and rent her a pony for an hour.

If none of those work for you, let me know and I'll try to think of some more.

MommaHubbard
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Does she have a particular interest yet? My son didn't quite have an obsessive interest until kindergarten (solar system-if this strikes her interest she'll love the planetarium) but even my neurotypical kids (those are both girls) had something they were really into. You could ask her about what kind-of birthday cake she wants too and that might help spur some ideas. Things my girls enjoyed: princesses, yoshi, arts & crafts, painting pottery, botanical garden, hiking, rolar skating, we have an american girl store about an hr away, you can look-up little girl spas, they also have kids cooking parties, there are sooo many things! What does your angel like to do?
JCKitten87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM
She likes animals, namely cats and penguins :) she LOVES hello kitty. She's a huge tom boy. Shes very into cars trains and boats. She'd spend all day on video games or running around non stop. Even when she plays videogames she is constantly moving. And yes almost all the video games are educational but she is obsessed with sonic lately lol
blessedhappymom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Great ideas! I have boys so no tea parties for me :-(. We've gone to the children's museum. My son is having his 6th bday party this Sat. We invited a few neighbors, family friends with kids and kids that we've gotten to know from therapy and his basketball team.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Have a princess tea party.  Dress in fancy clothes, wear crowns, drink out of fancy (wine) glasses, have fancy food (my daughter thinks sandwhiches with the crust cut off and cut into small pieces are fancy), eat off of 'china', light a candle etc. 

OR

Rent a hotel room in a hotel with an indoor pool so she can swim.  Order room service.

OR

Buy her some cowgirl boots, a cowgirl hat and rent her a pony for an hour.

If none of those work for you, let me know and I'll try to think of some more.

marisab
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM

what does she like?

JCKitten87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM
It's a cpl replies up from your's

Quoting marisab:

what does she like?

patnic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM

What about a night at a hotel with a pool or one of those big indoor waterparks for the day?

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I think its overwhelming for a child to have too many people or friends anyway! Is there family members her age to invite? Even one special friend or two would be enough!

It sounds like you should have a Hello Kitty party!

Bluerose1482
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Take her to ride amtrac for short distance.  Buy lunch on the train and bring cupcakes.  

I took my son when he was 3 or 4.  He loved it.  I just had my dad drop us off at one station and pick us up at the next.  The train ride took about 1 1/2 hours.

Quoting JCKitten87:

She likes animals, namely cats and penguins :) she LOVES hello kitty. She's a huge tom boy. Shes very into cars trains and boats. She'd spend all day on video games or running around non stop. Even when she plays videogames she is constantly moving. And yes almost all the video games are educational but she is obsessed with sonic lately lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN