Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your biggest hurdle?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 43 Replies

Today I would have to say school.  Trying to get my son to understand the importance of school, applying himself and trying his best has been something that we need to work on every day.  

How about you?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedhappymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Right now DS is playing basketball for a program that offers sports to kids with different (dis)abilities. He gets so nervous when we get there. Once practice starts and then are doing drills n playing scrimmages, he's find. Happy and excited and he does great! It's just that initial nervousness upon arrival.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My son has started to work out with the baseball team.  If he doesn't make the team, they are going to make him an assistant head coach.  So far he seems to enjoy the work out portion, we'll see how the try out part goes..

Quoting blessedhappymom:

Right now DS is playing basketball for a program that offers sports to kids with different (dis)abilities. He gets so nervous when we get there. Once practice starts and then are doing drills n playing scrimmages, he's find. Happy and excited and he does great! It's just that initial nervousness upon arrival.

Bluerose1482
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM
DS struggles with both reading and writing. In fact. He's more than two grades behind in both. It is heart breaking for me because I love to read and cannot imagine how life would be if I couldn't read and write. It makes me feel so angry and sad. :(
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Overall...communication.  My 4 year old is nonverbal.  It's hard.

Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I hear you loud and clear.  

If I can help you in any way, please let me know

I've seen my son adapt so well.  i'm so proud of him.

good 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Overall...communication.  My 4 year old is nonverbal.  It's hard.

Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My son is in the same situation but I had some changes done to his IEP, I have him going for extra help and he is now in High School and this seem to be making a huge difference with him.  

Please let me know if I may be of any assistance to you.

Trish

Quoting Bluerose1482:

DS struggles with both reading and writing. In fact. He's more than two grades behind in both. It is heart breaking for me because I love to read and cannot imagine how life would be if I couldn't read and write. It makes me feel so angry and sad. :(

blessedhappymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Best of luck to your son on the try outs

Quoting Onmyown2727:

My son has started to work out with the baseball team.  If he doesn't make the team, they are going to make him an assistant head coach.  So far he seems to enjoy the work out portion, we'll see how the try out part goes..

Quoting blessedhappymom:

Bluerose1482
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I'm still fighting to get an evaluation for an IEP.
Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Thank you Blessed Happy Mom!   I'm so happy that he likes High School. Middle School was a nightmare.  

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Communication and feeding. My son is 5, and just started saying words. He has a communication device he uses. My son also won't eat many foods. He actually has only been eating solid foods for about 8 months now. Lots of battles over here! But they are well worth the fight. Every time my son takes a step forward, it is so huge!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)