Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Today I would have to say school.  Trying to get my son to understand the importance of school, applying himself and trying his best has been something that we need to work on every day.  

How about you?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Feel free to contact me if you want.  If nothing else I'm here to listen..

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still fighting to get an evaluation for an IEP.

Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

What awesome news!  

I'm here for you...trust me I know what it's like.  If nothing else I can listen...

You're 5 yr old is very luck to have you!

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

Communication and feeding. My son is 5, and just started saying words. He has a communication device he uses. My son also won't eat many foods. He actually has only been eating solid foods for about 8 months now. Lots of battles over here! But they are well worth the fight. Every time my son takes a step forward, it is so huge!

Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Potty training
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

How are you training?  Books....social skill stories....DVD....

Quoting Bobsie:

Potty training

Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Sit on the potty every 30 minutes. A signing time potty training DVD he loves also. He used to pee in the toilet. After a camping trip last summer when we came home he stopped using the toilet.
iamadramamomma
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I know that feeling my son is in 1st grade and had to be taken out to go to another school to a special class K1bc he is way behind too....I cry inside and get scared as well I pray that he will improve as time goes on but it is so hard. My heart breaks for him I can't imagine what he must be going through the struggles and how he feels inside....I wish I could take it all away

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting Onmyown2727:

What awesome news!  

I'm here for you...trust me I know what it's like.  If nothing else I can listen...

You're 5 yr old is very luck to have you!

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

Communication and feeding. My son is 5, and just started saying words. He has a communication device he uses. My son also won't eat many foods. He actually has only been eating solid foods for about 8 months now. Lots of battles over here! But they are well worth the fight. Every time my son takes a step forward, it is so huge!

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Have you tried having him run around naked? It is how I got my son to use the potty. He still isn't 100% there. Now I am to underwear and pants, he still has some accidents that way. It's just a slow process for us! He's 5.

Quoting Bobsie:

Sit on the potty every 30 minutes. A signing time potty training DVD he loves also. He used to pee in the toilet. After a camping trip last summer when we came home he stopped using the toilet.

Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
My son is 5 also. I have tried that before. Perhaps I should try it again.
shugerbit
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

communication where his is nonverbal, and low receptive language.  this causes many tantrums, though he is getting better, he can sign "for me"  and "help"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)