Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Today I would have to say school.  Trying to get my son to understand the importance of school, applying himself and trying his best has been something that we need to work on every day.  

How about you?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
The fast pace of school and how hard work has gotten in middle school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
humbledmom310
by Kelly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I have two boys both with ASD. Both of my children are gifted academically .My five year old is mainstreamed and our biggest challenge right now is RECESS. LOL!! That is what his teacher wrote on his last progress report. Social Participation, LANGUAGE ( a big one), self regulating, and body awareness are all at the top of the challenge list.

For my 3 and half year old ... Social Participation, body awareness , and motor planning are very challenging.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM

He has started this thing where he falls to the floor or becomes dead weight when he doesn't want to do something.

VioletsMomTown
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Its communication for us. My 4 yr. old daughter has found her words, she has hundreds now, and even knows what they mean. She's good with picture cards, and can say what each picture represents. I have even found her reading some things. Putting words into a sentence and having a conversation is not there yet. We are getting there! I have had yes and no answers lately, so that's the start of back and forth communication anyways!

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Eating - my 5 year old is such a picky eater. He will hardly eat anything.

N.Carter2001
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Getting our 5 year old to understand the potty. He says a few words but it mostly animals. That don't help me with what he wants like toy or food.

Eve-marie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I can't get him to do his homework. At the centre he will do the work fine but home is not the place for that apparently.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

All of these children are very lucky to have you as parents!  

It's not easy but you're on here sharing information and telling us what's going on in your life.

That is awesome!

momtoscott
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Teenage hormones. 

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Scheduling medical appts. around my work schedule. I do think I'll need to leave my job soon, it's too much. But then money will be an issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN