Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been considering homeschooling. Do you think it's important for a child with autism to go to school and have interaction there, or do you think homeschooling would be a good option so I can work with him one on one? i know NOTHING about homeschooling a special needs kid, but I'd like to hear from someone who has done it or is doing it!

My reasons for homeschooling is mainly because the public school system here is not that great. There is only one elementary school in our district that can accommodate special needs children and they are pretty packed in there. I just think it might be too overwhelming for him and I think that he might not get as much help as he needs. I don't want to keep him isolated, I would look for homeschooling groups for him so he can interact with other children and work on his social skills. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Replies (11-12):
Onmyown2727
by Trish on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Does anyone know what the homeschooling association is for West Virginia and a contact for them?

Thanks

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have seen it work and not work. Depends on the parent and child. It's not an option for us at the moment but could be in the future. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)