Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My heart is breaking for the 6 yr old hostage in Alabama. Added FB support page.

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM
  • 16 Replies

I just read that he is autistic/Adhd.

I bursted into tears. It makes me angry . I just can't believe it.

The support FB page is under Alabama hostage and it has praying hands as its' avatar.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyajay
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Is this the one who was kidnapped like 2 days ago!? He is still being held!?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Yeah, they are going into day 5. 

Quoting mommyajay:

Is this the one who was kidnapped like 2 days ago!? He is still being held!?

acrogodess
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM
that poor baby, I don't imagine that my ds who has pdd-nos, ADHD, sensory motor issues, asthma, allergies and more would have handled such a situation well. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dallascowboys82
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I know all about it, my sister has been keeping me updated on what's going on. It's so heart breaking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I know, I have a 5 yr old and my 11 yr old is Autistic and I have a 10 yr old with ADHD. And it is just heartbreaking to know not only is he a baby but special needs as well. :O(

Quoting acrogodess:

that poor baby, I don't imagine that my ds who has pdd-nos, ADHD, sensory motor issues, asthma, allergies and more would have handled such a situation well. :-(

acrogodess
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Alexander is about to be 12 and he just recently had his 1st sleep over with someone other than family. He handled that well, but there's a difference between knowingly going somewhere and being taken against your will. What does that man hope to accomplish? He needs to just send that poor baby home.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I know, I have a 5 yr old and my 11 yr old is Autistic and I have a 10 yr old with ADHD. And it is just heartbreaking to know not only is he a baby but special needs as well. :O(

Quoting acrogodess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM

YAY ALEX! I know that is huge accomplishment :o)

I just am praying hard that he is returned safe to his parents and that this man has a heavy heart and conviction and turn over this baby without harm.. It is a shame and def a new low.

Quoting acrogodess:

Alexander is about to be 12 and he just recently had his 1st sleep over with someone other than family. He handled that well, but there's a difference between knowingly going somewhere and being taken against your will. What does that man hope to accomplish? He needs to just send that poor baby home.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting acrogodess:

acrogodess
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I would hope seeing that he has allowed the boy his necessary meds that he doesn't intent to physically harm the boy, but I do worry what the psychological toll on him will be. Will it cause distrust with the public, separation anxiety, nightmares, etc. Both as a mom and as someone with a degree in psychology, I worry for that poor baby. I hope he is sent home safely.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I just am praying hard that he is returned safe to his parents and that this man has a heavy heart and conviction and turn over this baby without harm.. It is a shame and def a new low.

Quoting acrogodess:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting acrogodess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I agree mama.. I totally agree.

Quoting acrogodess:

I would hope seeing that he has allowed the boy his necessary meds that he doesn't intent to physically harm the boy, but I do worry what the psychological toll on him will be. Will it cause distrust with the public, separation anxiety, nightmares, etc. Both as a mom and as someone with a degree in psychology, I worry for that poor baby. I hope he is sent home safely.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting acrogodess:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting acrogodess:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM

I can't imagine...thanks for sharing.  I'm not on FB, and I don't watch much TV, so I honestly hadn't heard of this.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN