Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My heart is breaking for the 6 yr old hostage in Alabama. Added FB support page.

Posted by   + Show Post

I just read that he is autistic/Adhd.

I bursted into tears. It makes me angry . I just can't believe it.

The support FB page is under Alabama hostage and it has praying hands as its' avatar.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Replies (11-16):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to stay away from regular news , it honestly pisses me off.

I don't take much interest in alot of things. But I didn't know he was special needs. And of course it layed heavy on me then last night I went on ABC news to catch up to see if anything has happened so far and I read about his needs... I was in tears immediatly and in prayer and have been praying.

I really hope that this man being a Vietnam Vet isn't crazy enough to harm this child. So far it seems to look like the baby is just a hostage. As bad as that sounds.  I just pray that is all he is and there will be a peaceful resolution.

I am also praying for this man to have a heavy heart and conviction to release this baby. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I can't imagine...thanks for sharing.  I'm not on FB, and I don't watch much TV, so I honestly hadn't heard of this.  

Bluerose1482
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Apparently, a while back a dog strayed onto his land. When the dog's owners, a woman and her two young sons, went onto his land to retrieve the dog, he shot at them and was supposed to appear in court Wednesday to answer to those charges. He went onto the bus looking for those two boys specifically. When he didn't find them he grabbed a random child. I will never understand why, as a society, we leave people who are obviously a danger to others roaming free to cause harm to others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I think the hardest part is weeding them out . But with that said. We as a society have to be careful about what laws are on the books. Although they may look great and even may work well. More laws means less freedoms for all of us in the end. 

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Apparently, a while back a dog strayed onto his land. When the dog's owners, a woman and her two young sons, went onto his land to retrieve the dog, he shot at them and was supposed to appear in court Wednesday to answer to those charges. He went onto the bus looking for those two boys specifically. When he didn't find them he grabbed a random child. I will never understand why, as a society, we leave people who are obviously a danger to others roaming free to cause harm to others.

Bluerose1482
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'm not suggesting more laws. Just suggesting better enforcement of existing laws.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't realize he was still being held hostage. Oh, this just makes me sick to my stomach. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:10 AM

It's heartbreaking I a praying for his safety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN