Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Therapies

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

What therapies is your child in?  Share with us.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM

My 4 year old is in ABA (6-8 hours/week in my home), PT, OT, Feeding, and Speech therapies...all at clinics outside of my home...he gets 1 hour of each therapy 1x/week except for PT...PT is every other week.  He also gets OT & PT at school.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Mine is currently therapy free... I wasn't happy with them anyway although he did love his OT because it was like a gym class and he LOVED gym
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

My son, Antonio, 4.5 years has speech therapy at pre-school 2 times a week.

Dora-rulz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Dd gets ST & OT at school. They use ABA & pecs in the classroom & are helping me teach her life skills (potty training, brushing teeth & hair & dressing herself). Love her teachers & therapists!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My daughter will be 3 in April...she is in speech, occupational, ABA and music therapy.

jadelily
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My daughter is 15 (10th grade), she is no longer in any therapies but she is in spec ed for reading and math. When she was younger she was in speech, OT, feeding therapy, and a school that taught life skills, used sign language and pecs in addition to educational activities. She progressed out of each type of therapy over the years. Her last therapy was speech which was stopped at the end of 6th grade.

She could still probably use the feeding one, but as her doctors have said, at this point she isn't going to suddenly change her diet, it's up to her to widen her food horizons and textures. But I guess she won't die on a diet of chicken nuggets, french fries, granola bars, and cheezits, lol.

lfig720
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

My 2 y.o. DS gets 5 hours ABA, 2 hours OT, 1 hour speech...all at home from early intervention.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Thanks for sharing ladies!

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My oldest used to have private OT, school OT, speech, social groups, etc but currently receives nothing.

My youngest has an IFSP and the speech therapist comes every other week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)