Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Other diagnoses?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does your child have any other diagnoses besides Autism?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Brady has Cystic Fibrosis, Autism, Aarskog Syndrome, 16p Chromosome Duplication, Asthma, Gastroentesis, Brain Damage/Abnormalities.  He has the brain of a 10-12 month old, and he has the bones of an 18 month old child.

MommaHubbard
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My son's diagnosis: ADHD, Mood Disorder-NOS (not otherwise specified), PDD-NOS-probable asperger's. It was explained to me that since my son is only 5, they would officially specify asperger's until next year. But, by next year, everyone will be ASD anyways so, I guess the distinctions don't really matter anymore. Especially since the differences they used to pick one or the other can change within a child over time (a child who isn't verbal can become verbal, etc). I wa told the Mood Disorder was to guarantee insurance would pay for the day treatment program and it was because of his mood fluctuations (being fine and then just losing it over something). ADHD was due to his hyperactivity, my son wasn't even able to stay seated for 15 mins to complete a meal and while he wasn't eating, he was standing, hoping or spinning around in circles. However, after learning more about Autism, I wonder if all these behaviors are part of his asperger's and not necessarily separate issues. But, he got his dx from a pediatric psychiatrist, from a top 20 medical school in the US. So, even though, I KNOW they really do NOT know very much about Autism Spectrum Disorders yet, I have to trust that his dx is a good one for him. And, the most important thing, is that now, we have been able to start the therapies he needs! bouncing mom

PS-I edited this as soon as I saw you included some medical dx too. My son has Asthma, Eczema and a VERY bad PEANUT allergy. Plus he has been wearing glasses since he was 18 months old and he had to have one eye pateched for a few hrs a day for about 3 yrs to prevent eye surgery. His eyes are doing much better now though-no more patches and we beat surgery! He will probably always wear glasses though but I think he looks handsome in them.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Nope just the autism... Thank goodness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM

So far just Autism

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Sensory Processing Disorder 

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
My son has aspergers, adhd, sensory issues, anxiety and depression.

My youngest may or may not be on the spectrum. We don't know yet. He's only 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadelily
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM

My 15 y/o dd has pdd-nos, last year she developed absence seizures, and this year they are thinking she has POTS (it's where your heart rate increases when you stand, lowering your blood pressure causing dizziness, not a big deal, it's common in teen girls and should go away by the mid-twenties.)

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM

My son was diagnosed with classic autism, then we were told he was schizo-affective, his actual diagnoses is mood disorder not other wise specified with psychotic features, then goes into listing the features because he has so many complicated symptoms.

He heard voices and had visual/auditory hullicinations and even on his meds the hullicinations will sometimes pop up randomly - and he still has the occasional mood swings and states of psychosis/paranoia.

she-ra2000
by Deborah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM

aspbergers and ADHD

hwifeandmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM

ds has autism and ADHD (not hyper, just distracted)

dd has autism, mood disorder-nos, anemia, GI disorder, ADHD (distracted, not hyper), anxiety, OCD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)