Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son, who is 4 years old as of 23 of last month, has just started to go down the stairs by himself. (with one of us there just to make sure, and to give him encouragement if he needs it)

Before this, he would hold onto one of our hands to go down the stairs. He's been going up the stairs himself for a while now. 

Also he used a spoon to eat his snack on his own, recently. 

I'm very proud of him.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Replies (11-14):
Basherte
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Thank you ladies.

I know that I really enjoy reading all the progress that your kids accomplish. I felt strongly about wanting to share with you ladies the latest in my son's progress. He isn't verbal but the last few days he has been purposefully nodding his head to say yes when we ask him a question. It's very consistent now. 

Believe me it makes the day go by with a lot fewer meltdowns, and a boy who is a lot more full. With my cupboards and fridge a lot emptier now. *giggles* I'm really glad that he is finally getting exactly what he wants. I ask him what he wants for each meal and each snack. It feels good to know that he has a little control over it now even though he isn't talking yet. Allows me to give him what he really wants to eat instead of guessing. Means I waste so much less food.

wedding countdown

valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM

That is really great.   

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM

This is awesome!

Basherte
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Thank you guys. I'm really proud of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)