Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dillon has always loved his movies...buying them, watching them. He also loves the computer and bouncing on his yoga ball! He's also an incredible writer and makes up his own stories... He wants to be a movie producer someday, I just love that!

The yoga ball came about from therapy at school and his aide gave him one as a gift...we've bought several since them because he bounces on them and they take lots of abuse, lol. It's something very calming for him and some serious exercise! He sweats up a storm! He also has started bowling, of all things.

What's your child's favorite thing to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-17):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

That really IS amazing! I wonder if she would be interested in a chorus or doing plays?

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Violet loves to sing, she is always singing songs. I always said its amazing how a kid that has trouble putting words together to form sentences can remember entire songs and sing. If it was warm here year round, then she would be happy to be at the beach or out in the forest playing, she is such a nature lover. Give her a leaf or a dandelion and she's as happy as if you gave her a toy. Love that about her. In the winter we spend more time inside, and she's on her iPad watching videos and playing games.

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM

The yoga balls are so cheap for the calming entertainment they give them. I swear to you he'll sit in front of the tv and just bounce away! We had a trampoline years ago but gave it away...too many extra kids coming over on their own to use it and my kids were getting hurt....yoga balls are much cheaper...lol!

Quoting Dora-rulz:

SWNG!!! When she slows down she will sit & watch movies but normally all about running & bouncing. Need to look into yoga ball. Have been looking at trampolines & they can be pricey. Have to something to save my furniture lol.

Myspace Comments

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

"read" books!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM

My son loved Hollywood Studios the best out of the parks. Well, he loved all the roller coasters at every park but loved the Hollywood studios because of all the Pixar characters and stuff there. John Lasseter is is hero. One day at church they had to draw a picture of someone they wanted to pray for and write about it and he drew John Lasseter and wrote his name. The teacher had no idea who he was, just though it was a friend of the family..lol. Gotta love our kids!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

OMGosh lol! BONUS FEATURES!! You have no idea how many times he has written that, along with the other credits of a movie! I swear to you, I have a picture I just put on my phone to upload to Instagram where he's standing in front of  a huge chalkboard and in big letters he wrote BONUS FEATURES (he writes in all capital letters) . The picture must be at least 8 year old...I HATE putting any pictures of my kids on here but I just might post this one just for you.

Last time we went to Disney was really for him because Walt is his idol and he wanted to see all he could about any Disney movie....

Isn't it amazing how similar they can be sometimes?

Quoting Charizma77:

Very similar to your son, actually. Loves movies, he really enjoys the bonus features. He loves watching how movies were made. He's 8 and not into writing though but video tapes himself talking about his movie collection. He's into a disney Pixar movies, obsessed actually. He has a huge collection of Didney Pixar toys and likes looking for them on eBay. He's a jumper so we got him a therapy ball and he bounces on that too and also a trampoline. When it's nice out he runs and runs. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My 15 yr old has always had focused interests that rotate. He currently likes several iPad apps and his 3ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I forgot my 2 yr old! He is into trains! Train toys, train movies. Train anything!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I get the feeling that she will be more of a solo act, never know what the future holds!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

That really IS amazing! I wonder if she would be interested in a chorus or doing plays?

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Violet loves to sing, she is always singing songs. I always said its amazing how a kid that has trouble putting words together to form sentences can remember entire songs and sing. If it was warm here year round, then she would be happy to be at the beach or out in the forest playing, she is such a nature lover. Give her a leaf or a dandelion and she's as happy as if you gave her a toy. Love that about her. In the winter we spend more time inside, and she's on her iPad watching videos and playing games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)