Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

He lost his first tooth!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

Lost his first tooth

The day before yesterday he came to me complaining, moving his tooth and it was bleeding, I knew what was happening so I tried to calm him down and press a cloth on it to stop the bleeding. I was later able to distract him after that. Yesterday morning, I noticed that he was missing the tooth and to my surprise he already has the other one lined up behind it! I don't know what he did with the loose tooth, Idk if he swallowed it or threw it, no idea. My almost 6 year old lost his tooth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Hope you find the tooth!  Poor little guy!  

Dora-rulz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
My dd is 4.5 & lost 2 teeth. List both in one week. The wiggling didn't affect her but there was a little bleeding with each of them. Pretty sure she swallowed them cause one minute they were there the next they were gone. Asked ped & she said dd would be fine, actually not uncommon for kids w/ sensory issues to swallow them.
Cubanmom84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
That's what I thought, and he didn't seemed bothered by the tooth being loose, just the unexplained bleeding that he dislikes.

Quoting Dora-rulz:

My dd is 4.5 & lost 2 teeth. List both in one week. The wiggling didn't affect her but there was a little bleeding with each of them. Pretty sure she swallowed them cause one minute they were there the next they were gone. Asked ped & she said dd would be fine, actually not uncommon for kids w/ sensory issues to swallow them.
Dora-rulz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My dd. chews on thing a lot more when a tooth is loose. Just like your ds, it only affected her when it bled. She's about to loose another one, always has something in her mouth (normally fingers or her hair).

Quoting Cubanmom84:

That's what I thought, and he didn't seemed bothered by the tooth being loose, just the unexplained bleeding that he dislikes.

Quoting Dora-rulz:

Cubanmom84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Yeah my son always is chewing on something or has something in his mouth too.

Quoting Dora-rulz:

My dd. chews on thing a lot more when a tooth is loose. Just like your ds, it only affected her when it bled. She's about to loose another one, always has something in her mouth (normally fingers or her hair).

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Quoting Dora-rulz:

Dora-rulz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Lol!!! Redirecting her is useless. Always trying but the second I look away she starts again. Thank god I live in TX & it doesn't get really cold. When she wears long sleeves they are always in her mouth. She likes her chewy but that only lasts for a few mins. Have you found anything that works w/ your son?

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Quoting Dora-rulz:

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Quoting Dora-rulz:

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Been there. My oldest has lost over 6th teeth, two in which he has swallowed..lol. My daughter has lost at least 5 and luckily hasn't experienced this mishap!! 

Cubanmom84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Nothing! If he has a t-shirt on, he'll start chewing the edge and work his way up up to the neck line, all of it in his mouth... Or the edge of his jacket or like yours, the sleeves lol nothing works, I bought a chewing toy and everything, nothing works!

Quoting Dora-rulz:

Lol!!! Redirecting her is useless. Always trying but the second I look away she starts again. Thank god I live in TX & it doesn't get really cold. When she wears long sleeves they are always in her mouth. She likes her chewy but that only lasts for a few mins. Have you found anything that works w/ your son?

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Quoting Dora-rulz:

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Quoting Dora-rulz:

blessedhappymom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM
There's a cool book called Bear's Loose Tooth. DS loves it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)