Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Eating Issues

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is a very picky eater. Does anyone know any good books on eating issues?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM

I honestly don't know...have you asked your son's therapists?

VioletsMomTown
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I know Nourishing Hope for Autism by Julie Matthews has a section on picky eaters in it. Its a great book to point you in the right direction for getting our kids on the right track with the right foods and supplements. Here is an article she wrote (here)

She also has some great youtube videos, either look up Julie Matthews or look up nourishing hope.

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you VioletsMomTown

takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

no but i could use one too LOL  Neko is awful, he wont eat anything with "carrots" in it.. by carrots it means anything small mixed in his food.. like peas or carrots in rice or onions or peppers on a sandwhich, or lettuce, etc..

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Im going to look her up!

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

I know Nourishing Hope for Autism by Julie Matthews has a section on picky eaters in it. Its a great book to point you in the right direction for getting our kids on the right track with the right foods and supplements. Here is an article she wrote (here)

She also has some great youtube videos, either look up Julie Matthews or look up nourishing hope.

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Mone has always been a picky eater, but so is my husband and other son. They're all a pain in my butt to be honest...lol.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

No books but one thing that has worked wonders with my boy- He would eat anything until about 3 and then texture started to bother him. I have found that when I get him involved with preparing his food and shopping, picking out things he seems to be more open to trying new foods. Jerry Sienfelds wife wrote a great cook book about how to "hide" health foods in things kids like but don't know it that is the route you want to go...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN