Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas in February...?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 3 year old son with autism is still into Christmas. He talks about Christmas trees, ornaments, and stars most of his day. I try so hard to play other things he "used" to enjoy like playing with Thomas the train and lightning mcqueen, even if we play with blocks he makes "Christmas trees". Can any other moms relate to this with there children having these "obsessions"? What does your child like?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VioletsMomTown
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We didn't really have much of a Christmas this year, my daughter regressed due to the flu right around then, and we missed out on a lot. She just downloaded a bunch of Christmas songs on her iPad this past week, and its seems like she's really getting into them now. Its funny. She is also obsessed with the 5 little monkeys song, for months now! lol

bpb2661
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My son loves TV!! He will go in the room and the first thing he does is turn it on! I don't really like that b/c he gets so entranced in it and won't pay attention to the outside world! Drives me nuts!!

ashleymichelle5
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I can relate to that, my son LOVES the kindle fire. I have limitied his use of it because of the same reason. He loses a lot of focus after he has uses it.

Bluerose1482
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Set up an Easter tree.  :)

lhiannan
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
My son thinks its Christmas every time it snows. He's 5 and this is the first year he understood about Santa so keeps asking if he's coming :P
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleymichelle5
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Holiday "tree" :) Perfect! Thanks!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

My son doesn't understand anything related to holidays.  Hugs mama!

kinshipcaremama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
My nt kid is also obsessed with Christmas! I think that is pretty typical for kids. Besides birthdays and Halloween it is THE kid holiday of the year.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

My son has been obsessed with Toy Story for years. He's had others along the way.. We have grown to love that about him but when he was younger it could get frustrating!

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Blocks with numbers and letters. He counts all the time and sings his alphabet. I swear at times the ABC song is my nails on the chalkboard LOL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)