Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

nutritional response testing

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

has anyone does this with their child?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
VioletsMomTown
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to look up what you were talking about, because I haven't heard it called that before. Yes, I had this kind of testing done at my daughter's dan doctor. We did what is called an OAT or Organic Acids Test, which gave information about her vitamin levels, immune system, yeast, bacteria, allergies and some toxins. We also did a toxic hair elements test, which gave us a breakdown of all the toxic metals and minerals in her system. Its been really helpful because although we had been doing the GFCF diet for about 6 months, she had high levels of yeast in her system which was being fed by gluten free grains and sugars. We switched her diet to SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) and removed all grains, starch and sugar and she has been improving even more. She is on a number of supplements which were recommended after we had the testing done. Its helped her so much. She has improved her focus, eye contact, speech and behavior dramatically.

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM

what is this?  we think ds has some type of issue with digestion, if he has any seasonings or grease or strong flavors he gets the WORST diaper rashes.... and his skin is bumpy allll over :(

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I've never heard of it before to be honest.

gbtino
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:34 AM

nutrition response testing is a noninvasive way to determine what the body needs or is reacting to via musce testing. there are videos on utube

i was hoping to find anyone who has tried it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN