Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

How was your pregnancy with your autistic child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Was it a healthy one?

I had diabetes with my son.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Replies (41-44):
LoveMyKBabies
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM
He was due Sept 4th, scheduled csection was Aug. 29th, then older son sat down on my stomach really hard & I went into labor & he was born Aug. 11th. Other than that & heartburn, everything went perfectly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redheadstar
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the responses, was interested if there were any thing in our pregnancies that possibly caused autism in our children?

jeda1429
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

hm....... Super interesting. I had gestational diabetes, a slight bladder infection and a really tough delivery. My son was stuck in the birth canal for quite a while . They used forceps and a vaccuum to get him out. His poor head was so badly misshapen when they got him out, that I'm surprised he doesn't have more issues.

jeda1429
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My son was 8lbs 2oz as well. Just thought that was funny

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Wow,I see a lot of gestational diabetes here!  Great post.  I too had gestational diabetes w/my 5yo DS ASD!  His heartrate dropped before induction began,so I had a c-section,cord around his neck.  During the pregnancy I had contractions at 23 wks(bedrest 2 wks),70%effaced at 34weeks(bedrest 2wks).  GD controlled w/diet and excercise.  he spent only 12hours in NICU d/t low blood sugarAFTER DELIVERY(HE WAS 8LBS 2 OZ)i WAS 41 WHEN i HAD HIM,AND TOOK ssri ANTI-DEPRESSANT THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY FOR DEPRESSION AND PANIC ATTACKS.(soory caps oops).  I wonder what,if any of this caused his Autism.  DH was 45 when DS was born.  Older Mom and Dad?  Who knows...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)