Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

barely 4pm and im exhausted

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
I thought today was going to be a good day. It wasn't exactly bad though... Jas was pretty calm this morning, and dh let me sleep in a little. Last night was the first time in about 48 hours that I was able to eat. I had some kind of stomach bug :( I also worked last night so I wasn't able to grocery shop like I had originally planned. So I decide I'll just buy some food for dinner tonight and cat food today, because the poor kitties ran out of food last night. Yes I am spoiled and I normally do not have to take Jas with me to the grocery store. I decide to be nice to my dad's wife and offer her to go to the store with me since Jas is going I figure having my step sister might be a good distraction. Man was I wrong!!! For almost a year Jas has had no problems in the grocery store, but today I had to catch her twice. Once I had to run at a dead sprint, and I'm fat :( after having to catch her the 2nd time she wasn't allowed back out of the cart. It's like my step sister brings out the worse in my daughter, sigh... Maybe I just suck at getting my kid to listen to me.. sigh.. on top of it all I found myself comparing my parenting to my dad's wife... She is so much more patient with Jasmine on certain things and I'm starting to feel like a crappy mom today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM

It's a lot easier to be patient with other people's kids when you don't have to live with them. ^.^

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM

You know what, its just out of the routine! As much as Violet loves her daddy, if he comes with us grocery shopping then she is such a little monkey. I am the only one she can be with, and then she's an angel. Same goes for her before school routine, if her dad gets up in the morning while we are getting ready, then all hell breaks loose and it throws her right off. Its hard for me not to have help, but in our house its been decided that I will handle school and grocery routine without hubby.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

hugs  I'm glad you're feeling better.

We all have those days, even our kiddos do.  Don't compare your parenting to someone else, we are all different and we can only do so much.  I'm sure that you're a great mom to your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN