Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Bully

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Jen
  • 16 Replies
Has anyone seen this movie/documentary? I can barely watch it! It's breaking my heart. And I'm seriously considering sending Kim Lockwood, assistant principal of East Middle School some hate mail. She is clueless and harmful to those poor kids, most of which are on the spectrum I am sure. It's just awful. I HATE BULLIES!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I haven't seen it.  I hate bullies though and I think I'd have a hard time watching something like that.

laurag8707
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I havent seen it but now with the description you provided I will certainly be avoiding the movie it sounds like it would be to much for me

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
It really is hard to watch! But our entire family watched it and we had some great discussions from it.

From what dh and I observed, it really comes down to the ADULTS and how they react. It's not the kids. I mean, yeah, they are mean and bad but they're that way because they're allowed to be. The adults in their lives do nothing to stop the bully behavior or protect the victims. In fact, the adults participate in bullying them as well. And I have a hard time believing this is an isolated incident. It's probably happening all over the country. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM

:(  i have not!  makes me NOT want to watch it though... I was bullied for a few years because my dog attacked me... one girl got most of the school calling me Dog Face.. I had PTSD and had gained a lot of weight from the steroids and stress eating and multiple surgeries... :(  Very touchy subject, I will go ape wall s---- if someone tries to bully my kids..

drpatriot
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I wouldn't be able to stomach it myself. I was bullied ALOT as a child. Those in authority positions said it was MY fault that it was happening to me. I even read a psych evaluation from my child hood where the shrink seemed to gloat in the fact that she got me to accept responsibility for the bullying occurring to me. Yeah I would try to stand up for myself and I would be the one that got in trouble never the bully. It landed me in alternative school at 14.

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That is just so wrong. :(

Quoting drpatriot:

I wouldn't be able to stomach it myself. I was bullied ALOT as a child. Those in authority positions said it was MY fault that it was happening to me. I even read a psych evaluation from my child hood where the shrink seemed to gloat in the fact that she got me to accept responsibility for the bullying occurring to me. Yeah I would try to stand up for myself and I would be the one that got in trouble never the bully. It landed me in alternative school at 14.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I haven't seen it but its making me sick just hearing about it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drpatriot
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Yes because of the bullying I lack age appropriate social skills. Which means I also lack the social skills to hold down a job. No one knows exactly which skills I am missing.

Quoting mypbandj:

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That is just so wrong. :(

Quoting drpatriot:

LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Theres a movie with brad renfro called bully, its awful.

I think i know the movie youre taling about,though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I've never seen it before!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN