Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Bad day...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

What a bad day. I have definitely had better. DS put another hole in bedroom wall. Tantrum lasted 1 1/2 hrs, the whole time screaming at the top of his lungs while hitting himself and throwing things. I want to cry or throw something myself. Mama said there would be days like this so why do I feel like I did everything wrong? Any other mommies had their heart broken today? All I can do is cry, pick up the pieces and start over tomorrow. Things will look better in the morning, right???crying

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
joel2010
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM

hugs hun,  i do not have days that bad yet my son is only 29 months almost 30 months he does hurt himself   but we have learn to just make sure he is safe spot and if he get bad we saftyl do a wrap on him and i have with older kids with like a bear hug and it helps with the pressure somehow.  also there are a few other things we do but he is younger still but we are learning for when he gets bigger it is just all harder rite now to know what to do.   but it does look and get better the next day hun.. keep the chin up and going hug

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Hugs! Tomorrow is a new day. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Hugs, mama! We've had days where all I looked forward to was bedtime, but I promise there are better days ahead!

terri-553
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Tomorrow is always a better dayhugs

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hugs momma. Days like this are hard on us. We learn to go with flow as they say with our kids. Hope things get better

mothersthought
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

busymommy98
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Thank you so much everyone! Things do look a lot better this morning. Moment by moment is all we can do. Needed the hugs, thanks...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)