Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
I am a single parent of two beautiful boys. My oldest son is adhd and has asbergers. He can be very aggressive, self abusive and he has a lot of melt downs. I work and have been through 9 daycares. I can't find anyone to keep my boys. I don't know what to do. I live in Columbia county Ohio. Does anyone know where I can find people experienced with my special loving boys? I have lost several jobs and had to drop out of college.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Hugs mama!  How old is your son?  How about talking with a social worker to see if they can help?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Hugs momma. I am in IL so I don't know. My 10-yr-old is just as aggressive and self-abusive. I have been hit, scratched, punched, given black eyes, and had just about anything that is not nailed down thrown at me. My boss actually asked me if hubby is the cause of all my bruises. He's not, never laid a hand on me. It is awful to tell others that your son kicks the crap out of you on a regular basis. I feel your pain. Have you checked into programs through the autism society of america or your school district? What about your city's park district. Our park district has a special ed dept that offers programs tailored to kids with autism. Look on autism of america's website for resources in your area. I can tell you that you can do this. Have you looked into online courses? That is what I am doing. My online university is Penn Foster and they are great. Just a suggestion for ya. Good luck sweetie. You are not alone. I am a good listener if you need someone to vent to.

by Dawn on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM

He could be having trouble with routines at the day care or having sensory integration problems. If he has an IEP (, I recommend requesting to his school that he get an Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment. It will work on his fine motor skills, but there is also a sensory integration therapy part to it also. I also recommend getting him social skills training or therapy which will help his social skills problems created by his Asperger Syndrome ( diagnosis.

by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Contact your local county Respite Office to care for your son with disabilities.  This is either a free or low fee service depending on your income.  Your children can be in a specialized pre-school too.  Contact your local elementary school.  My son goes to the public preschool, an ESE program daily from 9-3pm.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

 have you tried just a normal babysitter to drop them off at or have stay at your house?  HUGS  Welcome to the group <3

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My friend with 2 asd girls uses college students who are studying academics with the special needs community.  She only pays them gas money.  Maybe that could work.

by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I wish I could help momma but I wouldn't even know where to begin except to talk to a therapist about the situations and see if they have some ideas for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN