Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those with special needs children.... housing

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

Do neighbors give you stares or are there issues if any of you live in an apt building?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I live in a duplex and my neighbors on the other side have questioned things with my little guy sometimes, but I've been open with them that he's autistic (high functioning) and does things a little differently.  Mostly they were more amazed at the maturity in his conversations with them and stuff like that.

sadiebug1228
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope I live in the country :) we never see our neighbors lol although I have had people ask about her at the store and had people stare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redheadstar
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I used to live in an apt 8 years ago,  some of the neighbors would indirectly complain to others about my child,  so glad I was able to move to a home where each house is 50 or more feet away.

mefish3
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I couldn't imagine living in an apt building with my son...ppl would probably complain of his yelling and throwing stuff often.. lol

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

No our neighbors haven't stared. I usually don't take my child out in the front yard and most of the backyards around here are privacy fenced in so they can't see him anyways.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

we had major issues with one lady one year when we lived in an apartment.

We moved to a townhouse and its nice not to have neighbors beneath us but its a very narrow townhouse that is stacked, 5 levels! It sounds big, but trust me, its not that big.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)