Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

She did it!!!!!!!!!! Picture :)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 17 Replies
9 moms liked this

I'm so proud of my Lou! For nearly 3 1/2 years she has talked consistently about wanting her ears pierced. She looks at everyone's earrings at family things. She spends as much time as I will let her looking at earrings in the store. She picks out my earrings on a regular basis. She loves earrings. 

The first time she realized she could have them too was just after she started kindergarten and a group of girls all got theirs pierced one right after the other. She wanted it to. So 3 plus years of going into the places and her deciding not to do it because it does hurt, or because the lady would have to touch her. Or many many other reasons. She decided that Saturday was the day. It was march 2 or never. So we went to the mall. (Only place that does both ears at once)

the lady scared Lou so bad. She insisted on giving graphic instructions and worst case scenarios, even after I told her not to. So Lou listened and asked the questions only she would ask. Let her clean her ears, draw the dots, then told each lady which ear they got to put the earring in. She sat on my lap squeezed my arms and then told me to count to 3. 

The screaming and melt down followed, but the ears were pierced. And now I can't pull her away from the mirrors. She wanted her hair pulled back for church today, she went up to kids her age and started a conversation about her earrings. I'm just so proud that even scared she finally did what she really wanted.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLynn1985
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:51 AM

awwww thats great!! I bet she is still swooning over them! :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Awww, way to go, Lou!!!!

I hate when adults do that to kids! Just shut up and pierce her ears already!LOL!

My daughter always chickened out and finally got them done...now she drools whenever she sees earrings in the stores!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Wow!  Wonderful:)

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM
So cute! WTG Lou!
takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

awe thats wonderful mama!  post pictures if you can, she sounds adorable!  So glad she did it!

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM

So brave! Good for her!

maciymommieof3
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Good for her....and I am sure the lady was doing her job in explaining what can happen.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Yay! Love moments like that :)

Bluerose1482
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Way to go Lou!

mothersthought
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)