Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

as a mom what would you do??????

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok so my kids have visitation with there father wed and sundays and my mother who I'm estrannged from is supposed to supervise now the visits because they are best friends and he's a good man and father....now let me backtrack a bit....I was with this man for 8 and a half years and he was very abusive and I only told certain friends not my family because I was embarrassed and acted like life was great when they were around and made excused for every bump bruise scar burn onn my body....cover up worked wonders for black eyes...anywayz I was strong enough to get out I got a indefinet restraining order and the kids also have one too except during the 2 hrs on wed and the 5 hrs on sun.the court appointed my mother as supervisor since the kids love her.now this woman doesn't believe I got beat and thinks I'm a liar even thou my 11 yr old daughter told her and I've had so many people wittness the abuse including the boys well she thinks there coached...so its a long story I'm sorry but they went with there dad yesterday mind u my 5 yr old is autistic and my other boy is 3...well my husband was giving my 5 yr old a shower and he had a red mark on his wiener the size of a quarter and markes on his chest so when I got home from work I looked at them and he told me he got in trouble and was hit in the wiener n chest and belive me I drilled him to make sure he wasn't lying so I called the cops but isaiah wasn't in the talking mood so they called dcf to do an invetigation...n my mother wasn't there she dropped them off at rhe girlfriends house so they will question him probably come by to talk to isaiah and find out what happend now rhe bumps wernt to bad but he was upset n y would he hit him in his front???who does that???I just don't want him to be abused just because he's mad...what would you do? Did I do the right thing???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluerose1482
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I would call the judge who decided the custody case and notify him that the court appointed person who was supposed to be supervising the visits left the children unsupervised in the care of their father and her girlfriend.  I would also send written notice to the judge as well asking him to suspend the visits temporarily until he can appoint another person to supervise the visits or until the court can take corrective action to ensure this lapse doesn't occur again. 

Sorry you are having to deal with this.  Good Luck. 

terri-553
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM

You did the right thing,And I;d try to stop visitsw/both of them,if at all possible,The sooner the better for all of you,Good Luck

MomtoLou
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with the other moms. Notify the judge, notify whoever is in charge of making sure the kids are okay. And stop visitation. If you can't trust your mom to supervise them then they can't go. Simple as that. Dad has already proved himself not trustworthy. And it's not a huge step from abusing a wife to taking it one step to far with a child. I would always trust your child in matters like this. Especially if you have seen the marks. He's your child, fit tooth and nail and anyway you have to in order to keep him safe.

takeitall13
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM

i agree with the others, i believe you did the right thing.  HUGS.  I hope your little boy is ok <3

mamalena137
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
You did the right thing. If your child comes back from a visit with someone you know has abusive tendancies and your child has marks you call the police. You defintely need to talk to the courts. Your mom didn't believe you about the abuse?! Does she not wonder why they're supposed to have supervised visits and am I reading this right, she wasn't there for that last visit? If they decide your ex can still see the kids, I might ask them to have someone else supervise the visit. I can never understand how someone can hurt a child. I know I get frustrated with my son, but I just walk away or take a few breaths.
maciymommieof3
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I would take him to the doctor and ask him his thoughts.

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Yes yes yes. You did the right thing. Disgusting, who does that?
The only thing that should leave a mark is closing the toilet lid by accident or a zipper
ms.bardes
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Thankyou so much for the feedback I really needed that love you mommies hugs
ms.bardes
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Oh and I informed my lawyer and a dcf investigator came by today and talked with us and questioned both boys privatly n took pics and I'm taking him to there drs tommorow at 1pm to see what they think..they will question my mom n my ex. I let the investigator know my mother was not there so if she lies and they believe it well then there's nothing I can do but the investigator did say he was gonna basicly tell her he would be checking in on there visits to make sure she is present at all times even if he can't he said it would be a good scare tactic to ensure she would be there or I could call the cops and they can do a well check which is the cops checking to see if the kids are ok and if she's not there than they will be in trouble and I can refuse to let the kids go until court...so ill see what happens tommorow ill keep u posted.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I agree

Quoting terri-553:

You did the right thing,And I;d try to stop visitsw/both of them,if at all possible,The sooner the better for all of you,Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)