Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

exhausted rough day

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 5 Replies
Today had just left me feeling beat up. My son is 2 diagnosed last thurs with autism. Today he slapped me across the face and kicked me. He slapped his behaviorist in the face too. I felt like nothing I do is good enough. He had a complete meltdown since I didnt let him close the basement door. I accidentally knocked over his toys that he apparently was making into a perfect row. Everything I did sent him running screaming "no like it" "no like mommy". He tore his matrress apart because I have the money for a new one. Getting him to eat is never an issue my kid is a tank. Today he threw food spit and screamed. He has been extra angry past 2 days but today I just feel crying. I feel alone and I feel like I dont understand my son. I feel like its my fault hes sceeaming and physically aggressive. Im clearly missing something here. I literally had to close my eyes and breathe so I didnt snap today. All I want to do is be a good mom and understand my son. Thanks for letting me vent. Hugs to you all. Perhaps tomorrow will be better?.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Hugs, mama. That age can be so hard, especially since the diagnosis is so new. Better days are ahead, I promise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM

When my son does things like that it usually turns out to be sensory based. So i try to hug him tightly or pancake him between pillows. We have also started brushing and we are looking for a compression vest. Hope things get better momma

she-ra2000
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I know that must be hard, you just have to pray and take it one day at a time.It's good that we have CM to vent to each other because a lot of people don't understand. Hope tomorrow's better!!:)

Sharbear42371
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Hugs momma. 

busymommy98
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Hugs momma. My ds is 10 and we have had some doozy days, let me tell you. You are sooo not alone. I confess I cry all the way to work a lot of days. I even cry AT work if the day was rough enough. I know exactly how you feel. We all do at one point or another. Yes, things will more than likely look better in the morning. Who knows, he may wake up sunshiny tomorrow. Bless your heart, you are tougher than you think. Hang in there, sweetie. My mother always reminds me it is one day at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)