Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

student led conferences made me want to cry

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
They had to be rescheduled because all the snow and were rescheduled to a day I worked (today) and was right after work n during our normal dinner time :(eating dinner late isn't a big deal but going somewhere before dinner is never a good idea. Dd is already hyper after school soo this student led conference was a disaster for us. Ah I guess I should mention dd is in special education preschool (she's almost 5) well dd wouldn't listen to me at all n she was so excited to see one of her friends from school. I bribed dd to sit with me for a hug which worked, but she ran so fast to hug me that she head butted my mouth. Ow!! I felt like her teacher was adding reasons to why she doesn't like me. Dd loves her teacher n teacher is great with dd but teacher is not good with adults n I've always felt like she doesn't like me. Like I'm why my dd has delays and such. :( sorry for lack of punctuations and any typos. I'm typing this as I stuff my face with fettucunni(sp?) Alfredo from fazolis lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Sounds like the timing was just off..  Your dd's teacher sounds like my typical dd's kindergarten teacher. My dd is an easy child and very smart but her teacher has no people skills and is always so negative, but my dd loves her..so she must be good with kids but not so good with their parents :/

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Ds' teacher is sweet with both me and ds but she doesn't have "that magic" with ds....

There was a PAC teacher that came to visit me once and she was VERY rough around the edges, not very nice at all with me, BUT she had a way with ds! She had ds in her hands! I will always "like" her because she is that good with ds... Sometimes you get lucky and get a teacher or therapist who is good with both your kid and you, but i'll take 'em if they are good with ds!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Student led conferences are hard enough to begin with, throw in an excited, hungry child and they're almost impossible!  I usually try to schedule them earlier in the day (though I know that's not always possible).

Hope your mouth feels better.

JCKitten87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Thanks :) we actually didn't have a choice on time and I was really going to just skip it but the teacher called to let me know that she had some.paperwork for me... Which ended up being a bs form she could have just sent home in dd book bag... I did notice that dd is a giant compared to her classmates lol the little boy she was soo excited to see barely came up to her shoulder!! I was so worried if she hugged him that she would crush him lol

Quoting amonkeymom:

Student led conferences are hard enough to begin with, throw in an excited, hungry child and they're almost impossible!  I usually try to schedule them earlier in the day (though I know that's not always possible).

Hope your mouth feels better.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN