Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

vent please do not be offended

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 36 Replies
5 moms liked this
People worry about the most stupid, irrelevant shit.

Dear next door neighbor,
Wow your kid won't stop talking, be blessed he talks. My son is 5 just starting to have conversions with me. Don't complain to me about your kids when you know mine has autism &+ cant do half the stuff yours does.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
she-ra2000
by Deborah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I can understand, some people just don't have a clue,:)

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I know what you mean. Sometimes I don't think they really think about what they are saying.

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I literally stopped hanging out with NT moms just for this reason. Complaining as to how independent their kid is and won't let the mom do anything. I kept saying, be grateful.

Its even worse that she knows that your son has autism and she still rants about hers. What a b****!

MiddleAgeMess
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM
5 moms liked this
Her problems, concerns, & struggles as a mom are as real to her as yours are to you.

Who is more selfish, her who shares her problems with a friend or the person who expects her friend not to share her problems?

Couldn't complaint about your ds be construed as ungrateful to the mother who buried her son? Are you ungrateful because your child is at least alive? Are your pains any less real or valid?

Quoting Macphee:

I literally stopped hanging out with NT moms just for this reason. Complaining as to how independent their kid is and won't let the mom do anything. I kept saying, be grateful.

Its even worse that she knows that your son has autism and she still rants about hers. What a b****!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Koltie6
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister is the worst. She complains all the time about her 5 year old getting on her nerves. One night I blew up in her kitchen and told her and her husband they should thank God every day for a healthy little boy!
takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

HUGS.  Everyone said the same thing to me when dh was a year and a half and still didn't speak- well he wont shut up later, just be happy, etc.  Well he DOES talk nonstop now and I LOVE it,...  I don't like when parents don't like parenting..  granted i'm not saying we have to be stoked with a thousand WHY !? questions or with their meltdowns BUT its part of parenting... we just seem to get the extremes over here.. If I wouldn't miss him and could part with him for even a day I would lend my son out to the complainers LOL  but I can barely part with him for a few hours, even when he has meltdowns I really love being around my little man.

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Here here! mine has just gotten to sentences with coaching at 4.5. otherwise its one or two words for requests. I feel ya.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Then there are those who you sit there and listen to their rants and struggles and if u bring up yours and your struggles they say you just use autism as an excuse for everything in the world.
I don't hang out with people with nonasd kids for that reason. their life is ALWAYS a crisis. and for people with autism they just don't know how to deal with anything and use it as an excuse for bad parenting, when they don't sleep enough cuz they just don't (cuz of course it couldnt POSSIBLY REALLY be the kid w autism who doesn't sleep), everytime I say one thing I'm just looking for excuses.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Her problems, concerns, & struggles as a mom are as real to her as yours are to you.

Who is more selfish, her who shares her problems with a friend or the person who expects her friend not to share her problems?

Couldn't complaint about your ds be construed as ungrateful to the mother who buried her son? Are you ungrateful because your child is at least alive? Are your pains any less real or valid?

Quoting Macphee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiddleAgeMess
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
That's just a very insensitive person, not a friend. I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who undermined the importance of my problems (real or imagined I suppose).

Quoting Jenn8604:

Then there are those who you sit there and listen to their rants and struggles and if u bring up yours and your struggles they say you just use autism as an excuse for everything in the world.

I don't hang out with people with nonasd kids for that reason. their life is ALWAYS a crisis. and for people with autism they just don't know how to deal with anything and use it as an excuse for bad parenting, when they don't sleep enough cuz they just don't (cuz of course it couldnt POSSIBLY REALLY be the kid w autism who doesn't sleep), everytime I say one thing I'm just looking for excuses.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Quoting Macphee:

MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Is your commentary directed to the OP or PP?

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

That's just a very insensitive person, not a friend. I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who undermined the importance of my problems (real or imagined I suppose).

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Quoting Macphee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)