Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

its meltdown wednesday

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
Lilly has been in meltdown mode since she woke up at 625 this morning! It's been one thing after another that's made her mad. I've tried to help and nothing is working. She's napping and I'm drained!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLynn1985
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I feel your pain today momma HUGS
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Could it be sensory?  Try letting her run her hands in a bowl of uncooked rice or beans. It may help

kaygarcia97
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM
It's sensory at least I think. I'm going to try that when she wakes. She's just so flipped out!

Quoting JTMOM422:

Could it be sensory?  Try letting her run her hands in a bowl of uncooked rice or beans. It may help

takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM

i'm glad shes napping, i was going to suggest quiet time alone in her room.  we have to do this a lot with our son when its too many meltdowns in a row- it gets to the point where LOOKING at him will set him over the edge.  Hope your day gets MUCH better <3

kaygarcia97
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
She just turned two in February but behavior wise she's more like 14 months. Sometimes yes even looking at her sets her off

Quoting takeitall13:

i'm glad shes napping, i was going to suggest quiet time alone in her room.  we have to do this a lot with our son when its too many meltdowns in a row- it gets to the point where LOOKING at him will set him over the edge.  Hope your day gets MUCH better <3

takeitall13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  My son is 2 1/2 and some days I'm just hoping to make it to nap time- there are days when my 2 and 1 year olds go to bed a few hours early LOL

Quoting kaygarcia97:

She just turned two in February but behavior wise she's more like 14 months. Sometimes yes even looking at her sets her off

Quoting takeitall13:

kaygarcia97
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM
My oldest is four and there's been days they went to bed at 7 instead if 730

Quoting takeitall13:

I know exactly how you feel.  My son is 2 1/2 and some days I'm just hoping to make it to nap time- there are days when my 2 and 1 year olds go to bed a few hours early LOL

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting takeitall13:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Hugs mama. Hope tomorrow is better for you both!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Hope the rest of the day went better and you were able to relax. Hugs!

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Well something must be in the air cause my son was a mess today !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN