Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Do you vaccinate?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Jen
  • 33 Replies
And have you ever heard if the combo MMR-chicken pox shot??

I don't know where I stand on shots. I go back and forth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
occumommy
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I do delayed schedule, I won't let them do combo shots like that, and since my oldest two are both asbergers (neither was delayed) and I plan on home schooling my youngest I may forgo any more vacs

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Nope, we don't vaccinate. Never have, never will. I'm not vaccinated either. To each their own. I have my own reasons, but I also have tests stating that Violet's immune system would not handle them well. I'm glad I never tried to, she could be much worse off if we had.

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM
She's in school right? How do you get around that?

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Nope, we don't vaccinate. Never have, never will. I'm not vaccinated either. To each their own. I have my own reasons, but I also have tests stating that Violet's immune system would not handle them well. I'm glad I never tried to, she could be much worse off if we had.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koltie6
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Most people think vaccinating is the law! You can file an exemption form. You can get this from the school nurse . You fill it out and send it into the state. They send it back and you give it to the school. It's good for two years . It also confidential . We homeschool but when my son was in speech at PS we filed the form. We no longer vaccinate since having multiple seizures after the DTap. I wish I had never allowed any.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I got an exemption form online, got it signed by a Commisioner of Oath at our town hall, or a justice of the peace can sign it too, no charge. Here is a link for US exemption forms (link) 

I was relieved when I handed them the form at school they didn't bat an eye, it just got put in her file, easy peasy

Quoting mypbandj:

She's in school right? How do you get around that?

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

bwynn1808
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Ethan is vax and i feel awful for doing it like they wanted all together. But we don't do flu shots and he has some coming up. I don't plan on getting them. Maximus is on delayed vax and it works better for him
saltycoqui
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I got my shots years ago. So I think that if I bit you, you wouldn't get sick. LOL
mamaBerg85
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Both my dd and sd are vacc on time. There are soooo many unknowns though so ydd is delayed vax. I try not to allowed mixing shots either. Medicaid doesn't like it and didn't allow me to do it last time so she didn't get that shot and probably never will.
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Yes i do vaccinate. Both my children have recieved their shots on schedule only one has ASD

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Where I live, you can either do a medical exemption. That has to be signed by a dr every year.

Or you can do a religious exception. They used to let you just check a box and sign but now they want a written statement saying that the child is of a religious denomination whose religious teachings are opposed to such tests and inoculations.

But once you do that, you're done forever. Unless you switch schools districts.

And if there should ever be an outbreak of a disease, mumps, chicken pox, etc, your child will not be allowed at school.

Quoting Koltie6:

Most people think vaccinating is the law! You can file an exemption form. You can get this from the school nurse . You fill it out and send it into the state. They send it back and you give it to the school. It's good for two years . It also confidential . We homeschool but when my son was in speech at PS we filed the form. We no longer vaccinate since having multiple seizures after the DTap. I wish I had never allowed any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)