Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want to know. :-(

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
I just want to know if dd has autism like ds. I just wish there was a test. I'm so frustrated right now I'm seriously considering getting her a blood test for fragile x. It's awful I know but she's starting to not do things she could do before just like ds did at her age. I'm terrified. I said I wasn't worried when I conceived and when she was born but she's showing stuff. She talked like nuts, now nothing. She clapped, now she wants to make me do it instead. She's using me as an object.

I'm do lost right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Hugs mama!  

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I think it's only natural to worry when you already have a child who's autistic. Just let her grow and thrive and see what happens! Some kids are slow walkers, talkers, etc... It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with her! Take a breath mama, it's gonna be alright!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhiannan
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM

How old is she?  Sometimes even neuro-typical kids will put learned skills on the backburner while focusing on new ones.  My two younger children are both on the spectrum, and while I was soooo worried when I found out I was pregnant with another boy, it's really no big deal.  You get used to your kids being who they are, and while it can be time consuming as far as services go, I wouldn't change my life-or my kids-for anything!  ((hugs))

catlover18
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I am honored to be a member of this groupeven though my son is not autistic and has no learning disability.  Like I said in my earlier post, I am an author writing a book on nontraditional thinking and learning as well as autism disorder.  I would love to hear your stories.  Confidentiality is always respected.  Thank you and take care. 

VioletsMomTown
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Aww that must be upsetting. Can you get her tested? There is an online test too, called the M-Chat. I don't think it would be fragile X because she would have shown signs at birth as far as I know. The sooner you know the better.

hugs

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I thought 18 months was the minimum age for assessment?

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

Aww that must be upsetting. Can you get her tested? There is an online test too, called the M-Chat. I don't think it would be fragile X because she would have shown signs at birth as far as I know. The sooner you know the better.

hugs

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I'd be happy to help. It's the traditional thinking that breeds judgement for our kids. Kids with autism require critical thinking because we always have to be ready for a curve ball to hit.

PM me anytime should you need anything.

Quoting catlover18:

I am honored to be a member of this groupeven though my son is not autistic and has no learning disability.  Like I said in my earlier post, I am an author writing a book on nontraditional thinking and learning as well as autism disorder.  I would love to hear your stories.  Confidentiality is always respected.  Thank you and take care. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)