Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Scary

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

This is a scary thought

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unusualmom
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM

hmmmmm?

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:39 PM
WHY is this soooooooo common?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koltie6
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM
It is an epidemic and we must get to the bottom of the cause. In the meantime we have to try and heal our children already effected.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Wow!

mnmbaby
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

This is probably going to get me yelled at, but sometimes I wonder if we're all autistic, just the more "normal" people don't have it as bad or are better able to hide it or overcome it.

girl_incognito
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I read it is estimated 1 in 100 adults have some form of autism (some are undiagnosed), so if you think about it like that the numbers for children (1 in 88) isn't really surprising. IF I remember where I read this information i will post it.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I believe that we all have our little quirks and maybe they could be considered Autism even. I know that this is hard for me to see. Autism is growing so rapidly and we still don't have answers as the cause of it. I know that someday I am going to have to explain Autism to my son and I hate the idea of saying the doctors don't know why he has it.

girl_incognito
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I have teen that is an Aspie. We just explain that it's something that just happens. Just another difference like eye color, hair color, skin color... its just not something that is easy to see. He understands that and accepts it. If you approach it very matter of factly I think it will be okay.

Quoting JTMOM422:

I believe that we all have our little quirks and maybe they could be considered Autism even. I know that this is hard for me to see. Autism is growing so rapidly and we still don't have answers as the cause of it. I know that someday I am going to have to explain Autism to my son and I hate the idea of saying the doctors don't know why he has it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bugsmama149
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Not gonna get yelled at from me. I think you may be right. I've thought about that many, many times. I mean, I look at how I am and I think of how many autistic traits I have. I woulda never noticed it before my sons diagnosis but yes, I see many things in many people that are very characteristic of autism.

Quoting mnmbaby:

This is probably going to get me yelled at, but sometimes I wonder if we're all autistic, just the more "normal" people don't have it as bad or are better able to hide it or overcome it.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Wow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)