Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 22 Replies

My son was bumped out of school for 3 days for cussing a vice principle behind her back and someone told on him. He need to be punished for that. But that boy that told on him is the boy that punched my son in the chest 2 day before. The kid is still in school

So what do you think? Do you think its fair that only my son gets punished?

I am thinking about pressing charges against this boy for bullying my son and battery...

What would you do?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joel2010
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM

well i would be going to the school and having a big talk for on yes your son should punshe hun but it should have been a talk and maybe lost of freetime at school. and i would be having a big sit down with the school and the other students partentsa and go from there if it cannot be work out

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I would talk to the principal about the whole situation and express your feelings!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM
WEll... they are two different incidents and deserve to be treated that way, but yes, the other boy should be undergoing consequences for his actions as well.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I agree here...good luck!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I would talk to the principal about the whole situation and express your feelings!

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If the principal is favoring other students over your child, for an incident he didn't even see first hand and it was second hand information from a student.... it seems a bit extreme.

While it may have been worth "talking" about to him.... I'm guessing if he's swear ing at the principal, there's probably a reason.... and think about it, a studen tphysically assaults youor son, doesn't appear to get in trouble, second hand information is passed about your son andhe's suspended for 3 days?

I'd be having a huge problem with that situation.

VioletsMomTown
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I don't think keeping a kid home for 3 days does a damn thing, what kid wouldn't want a holiday? I have never understood that. And for swearing? You gotta be kidding me, if the swearing was directed at anyone else then it would have probably gotten a warning, but because it was directed at a VP it gets suspension? Seriously that is not right. It seems like they missed a teaching moment there, I think it was handled all wrong.

I would let the incident with the other kid go though, unless its reported right away then I can't see them doing anything about it. Let your son know that if it happens again, to go straight to an adult and report it.

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I would recommend talkin to the princpal. I would try to find out why nothing occured to the other child for the hit. I do think think your son should have gotten something for cursing but 3days sounds like a bit much to me

theresa1966
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I agree that my son gets punished. My son has told my that is other kid has been bumped out of a couple of times this year. I talked to his therapist on Friday and he said that the school need to punish the other kid too. Bullying needs to stop the therapist said because Jimmy talks about it all the time with him. The  principle is only there Monday and Tuesday and the Vice P is there the rest of the week.The day I picked up my son to take him to his therapist appointment that kid hit him in front of a sub teacher and she seen it and the class room too. I heard that teacher call the office for help to remove that student and I could hear him screaming....

lucasmadre
by Kari on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I would go directly to the principle and express your concerns. I would do it in a non-confrontational way (you want to make friends, not enemies) and just explain that you don't think the punishment fit the crime (you can use the punching of your son as an example if you want.) Also you can formally complain that your son is being bullied by this other child and that you want the teachers to be advised to watch out for this behavior in the future. You can ask why this other child had no punishment for hitting your boy too...Good luck, keep your cool, if you start loosing it chances are he won't take you as seriously.  XO

theresa1966
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I did talk to the vice P and she said that was his punishment. For the other kid that was up to the Principle. I thought to myself ok son needed be punished but she took over the top because her feeling were hurt. My son said this other kid that hitting him the other day has been bumped out of school a lot this passed school year a lot.....grrrrr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN