Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Let's CHAT: What's On YOUR Mind? Win a Prize!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 79 Replies

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button below their reply to quote and respond to them!

jigsaw ribbon 
Have a great day!!

One member who replies to this post by April 4th at 11am will WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Let's CHAT Giveaway starts 4/1/13 at 10am (ET) and ends 4/4/2013 at 11am (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Happy April Fool's Day! 

Did you get pranked?  Pull one over on someone else?

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

No pranking going on here.

Just thinking I need to go get some blue lightbulbs for my front porch.

Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Today I plan on doing some writing, continue painting a project for my NT teen daughter (helping her out with the hard paiting, leaving the rest for her lol), and also doing some look up on game walkthroughs for my husband. 

Whats on my mind? I have a couple stories bouncing around that I am waning to write out before I loose them to the wind..

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button below their reply to quote and respond to them!

jigsaw ribbon 
Have a great day!!

Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Happy April Fool's Day!

Nope, no pranks, tho I almost wondered if my mind had pulled one over one me... All four kids up and going before 6, when I normally have to fight my two oldest teens to get them out of bed before 6:30 (they have to leave to catch their bus by 6:50). I thought I was still dreaming!

I don't prank that much, so don't plan on pulling one over on anyone else. Especially since I have no plans to even leave my house today. Too many projects to concentrate on.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Happy April Fool's Day! 

mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Got 5 more minutes before we go down the drive to wait for the school bus. I already marinaded the chicken for hubby's lunch and I will go straight to the grocery store to get some veggies for the chicken later.

OFIH
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

No, no pranks. Just not our thing.

We had school today (we homeschool) and now the boys are chomping down on lunch while I relax a bit. They are watching a DVD so it's my computer time. This afternoon we are making and decorating spring sugar cookies. We were going to do it yesterday but I didn't read all the directions and the dough had to chill overnight in the fridge. Sigh. That was a major meltdown by my 5 year old. Sigh. All GF foods should have the odd things printed REALLY big so you can prep your kids. Ha ha.

Add in laundry and it's one exciting day!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Happy April Fool's Day! 

OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Good idea.  I should do that as well.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I thought of something like that, but would have to check with base housing to see if that would be allowed. Normally not as a Blue Porch light normally means you have drugs for sale. I am thinking either a blue ribbon or a puzzle pattern ribbon and put bows on my porch railing instead.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good idea.  I should do that as well.

Quoting amonkeymom:

LaurieMomof4
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My kids are on spring break so no school this week, so nice. My husband had to go to work which is a bummer. I'm still lounging around in my pj's having coffee. I have some editing to do for work, some other stuff I need to get done in my office, and I need to put away some laundry and clean the sticky film of Easter candy from around the house. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yum, what kind of chicken is it?

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Got 5 more minutes before we go down the drive to wait for the school bus. I already marinaded the chicken for hubby's lunch and I will go straight to the grocery store to get some veggies for the chicken later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN