Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I'm pregnant...I need support please read

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

Ok..I haven't been on in a while due to a lot of chaos...anyways I recently found out I am pregnant again. I already have Summer, my beautiful 3 yr old daughter....she was dx'd with PDD-NOS, and SPS may 2011.

This pregnancy was totally unexpected...I was even taking birth control! My daughters father is "scared" and isn't bei g the least bit sensitive to my feelings or needs. We haven't told his parents yet.....and we live in their home. For those that are familiar w/my situation....know how awful and difficult it has been for us living here (it's been 2 years since we moved here when mike, my dr got laid off) my mil HATES me...and treats me daughter not to nicely...unless someone else is around. She blatantly favors her 2 other grandsons and their mom, my fil is a pompous jerk...but at least I can honestly say he loves Summer and thas all that matters . They both undermined my parenting. My mil is judge mental,nasty,Insulting,disrespectful to me as a mother,woman, and person....living here has been HELL. So I am PETRIFIED to put it mildly about telling them I'm pregnant....all they will focus on will be finance.....even tho I will not be needing ONE CENT from them for this baby.....my sister plans on helping me with whatever I need till I am settled (my sister will be renting the 2 bedroom apt above hers In queens, so once Summer is done with her preschool this year we will move there, but til then we would have to continue to live here)

I just don't know wtf to do.....I feel so alone at a time I need and should have emotional support . What's really killing me is Mike's behavior. At my first soon yesterday...he was blank. No smile no nothing. I'm due oct 7, the baby is healthy and I AM HAPPY....yet he isn't and it's hurtful. He says it's cause he's scared. SCARED???? Of what?  ME taking care of 2 kids alone Instead of just 1?!?!? I know our living and $ situation is shit... But HE does NOTHING to he or fix it....so he is forcing me to leave him cause I don't dear e to be treated the way his parents and he (now) is treating me. It's. heart breaking....

That's why I needed to come on here and vent....I need some POSITIVE,LOVING,SUPPORT from somewhere..,,

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hilary799
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I'm sorry honey. Are you leaving him then or is he going too? Sorry but a little confused. I'm glad that at least your sister is there for you. So does he have a job now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

HUGS

busymommy98
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

So sorry, hugs momma! I feel your pain, totally. I know someone in a similar situation. Who is dr? That one confused me. First and most importantly, you should be happy about this baby. God obviously has a plan for you and your unborn lil one so hang in there sweetie. All children are precious in His eyes and it is sad your Mike doesn't see this. I don't know what advice to give except you be happy for this baby. Remember that it is your life, not your parents or parents-in-law's. I will pray for you. You are not alone. Welcome to the group. Keep your head up. I love your dd's name, by the way. Things will get better, one day at a time...

terri-553
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

That is a very painful thing to have to do,But ,if he isn;t even looking after all of you??You have to do what is best for all of you??I am sorry but of course you need to  think of yourself/babies in the bigger picture

GeoRocks
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Hugs mama in sorry you are going through all of this. I don't have much advice but keep strong and do what's best for your lo and future lo.
dawncs
by Dawn on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Have you considered applying for Social Security Disability (http://www.ssa.gov/) for Summer? It will bring Medicaid and help for her therapies with it. Have you thought about checking out the county's housing office to see if you can get on the waiting list for low income housing? You might also want to check into WIC and Food Stamps to help out with the food. Local churches and food pantries can bring in food, too.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Look mama.... A pregnancy is a blessing but at the same time can be very scary and emotional.... More so for the mother but the father too. Maybe this is what he needs to get off his butt and do something about it! Maybe it's what your inlaws need to bring out their loving and understanding side.

I would tell my inlaws and announce it proudly... If things don't work out, at least you have your sister to help you, but I'm wishing with all my might that it brings you all closer!

Hugs mama... Everything will be ok! And congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XSummersXmommyX
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I meant DF not DR...DF stands for daughters father

mariat2
by Maria on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I will pray for you tonight hugs mom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)