Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Something else fun to lighten our day....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've totally enjoyed this forum. So much information and so much support. But, let's face it. Special needs kids can wear a Momma down to bare bones. Laughter has always helped my perspective. And, being honest here, sometimes it's laugh or cry.... or scream. So, here we go... Write something funny that your child did or said. Write as many as you like. Or even something you never thought you'd say. Not everyone get's "it" but we get oneanother and we get one another's kids. Nothing is funnier than kids being kids. I read recently that a little girl who was asked why she wore her coat all day at school told the boy asking, "Because I don't want to wear yours." LOL It was so literal, so logical it was funny. I love special needs kids. I swear their outlook on life is a breath of fresh air sometimes.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll go first.

We had a stand in OT on day. She was young, not seasoned and confident like our Beth, but I was sure she was capable.

She did not, however, have an ounce of a sense of humor.

While trying to give my son coping ideas for when he's angry or feeling anxious this is what happened.

OT in a condescending tone: What would you do that you think would calm you down?

Son: Play with my DSI

OT..same tone: No, think of something else.

Son: Okay, play on my computer

OT: No. I want you to think of something you could use if you were in public.

Son: Play on my phone.

OT.. getting frustrated: I want you to think of something that isn't electronic.

Son: Play with my angry bird toys.

OT: *sigh* I want you to figure out what you'd do if you didn't have that stuff.

Son...now mimicking her condescending tone: Look lady. I live in the country I ain't Amish.

Soooo, finally they make a list of things like, pray. Draw. Cover head. and so on.

OT... pleased with her success: Let's title your page! What should be call this?

Son: How about the "Calm yer butt down" list?

I chimmed in with, "How about your "Go To" list?

Therapy was over.  LOL

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's one more.

Fourth grade math. Word problem...

Missy is expecting 13 people at her house for Thanksgiving dinner.  Seven guests have arrived already. How many more guests are expected?

My son's answer (without missing a beat)... Heck if I know. I just hope Missy has a biiiiiig house.

Koltie6
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Lol I like him that is my kinda kid!

Quoting LostInLove2002:

I'll go first.

We had a stand in OT on day. She was young, not seasoned and confident like our Beth, but I was sure she was capable.

She did not, however, have an ounce of a sense of humor.

While trying to give my son coping ideas for when he's angry or feeling anxious this is what happened.

OT in a condescending tone: What would you do that you think would calm you down?

Son: Play with my DSI

OT..same tone: No, think of something else.

Son: Okay, play on my computer

OT: No. I want you to think of something you could use if you were in public.

Son: Play on my phone.

OT.. getting frustrated: I want you to think of something that isn't electronic.

Son: Play with my angry bird toys.

OT: *sigh* I want you to figure out what you'd do if you didn't have that stuff.

Son...now mimicking her condescending tone: Look lady. I live in the country I ain't Amish.

Soooo, finally they make a list of things like, pray. Draw. Cover head. and so on.

OT... pleased with her success: Let's title your page! What should be call this?

Son: How about the "Calm yer butt down" list?

I chimmed in with, "How about your "Go To" list?

Therapy was over.  LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Hahaha! I NEVER know what's gonna come out that mouth of his. Lord have mercy! Hearing, "Hey. Guess what..." Causes me to stop breathing for a few seconds. :)
LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you know that the DSI can record sound AND video?  I didn't... do now.

Actually, I found out a couple of years ago...in public... at a restaurant... when my son says to the waitress, "Wanna hear something?"

"Sure!" she says.

My dh and I hear a looooong drawn out growl (sorta) sound. Perplexed I look at my dh as I try to imagine what game made that noise.

Meanwhile my ds says,"Listen I can speed it up!"

I hear what sounds like a small bird trying to chirp while being choked to death. Now I'm even more confused.

"What is that?" asks the waitress, smiling.

"It's my fart!" exclaims my son... proudly. "I recorded it! Wanna hear a flushing toilet speeded up?"

I'm certain that our tip wasn't NEAR large enough.

Bobcatridge
by Carol on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I laughed out loud even though I am here all by myself.  That is so funny!

Quoting LostInLove2002:

Did you know that the DSI can record sound AND video?  I didn't... do now.

Actually, I found out a couple of years ago...in public... at a restaurant... when my son says to the waitress, "Wanna hear something?"

"Sure!" she says.

My dh and I hear a looooong drawn out growl (sorta) sound. Perplexed I look at my dh as I try to imagine what game made that noise.

Meanwhile my ds says,"Listen I can speed it up!"

I hear what sounds like a small bird trying to chirp while being choked to death. Now I'm even more confused.

"What is that?" asks the waitress, smiling.

"It's my fart!" exclaims my son... proudly. "I recorded it! Wanna hear a flushing toilet speeded up?"

I'm certain that our tip wasn't NEAR large enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)