Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Use The Family Hope Center? (UPDATE First Post)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

We are considering their 3-day training seminar and wondered if anyone had ever attended. It seems like a good program but we would like some first hand experiences NOT tied to the center (people on their site, people who now work there, etc). I figured maybe someone here had used them and could share their opinions.

UPDATE: We decided to go to the training. We got more information on the center from a blogger that I found and from more handouts they gave me. I am excited but nervous. This is the longest I have ever been away from my husband and kids (5 days). It's also the first time I have ever been in PA. I wish I had time to sight see. Made my reservation for the class just a few minutes ago and will get my hotel and airline tickets on Monday.

OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatyTylersMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Just looked briefly at their website, looks interesting enough and if they can give you concrete help finding either services and funding or treatment plans to carry out at home it might be worth it.  I'd just want to know more before spending much money! 

OFIH
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I have chatted with them many times, including one parent that went there for his daughter. It all looks really good on paper, just don't want to spend all that money if it's not.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Never heard of it before. But, here's a bump for ya. Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Same here.  Good luck!

Quoting Charizma77:

Never heard of it before. But, here's a bump for ya. Good luck!

OFIH
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM

BUMP!

mothersthought
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I requested information but they never got back to me.. I'm really interested in attended... I want to go so bad. It seems so cool and unique...

Quoting OFIH:

We are considering their 3-day training seminar and wondered if anyone had ever attended. It seems like a good program but we would like some first hand experiences NOT tied to the center (people on their site, people who now work there, etc). I figured maybe someone here had used them and could share their opinions.

UPDATE: We decided to go to the training. We got more information on the center from a blogger that I found and from more handouts they gave me. I am excited but nervous. This is the longest I have ever been away from my husband and kids (5 days). It's also the first time I have ever been in PA. I wish I had time to sight see. Made my reservation for the class just a few minutes ago and will get my hotel and airline tickets on Monday.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM

good luck mom! keep us posted :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Where at in PA? 

OFIH
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Outside Philadelphia in Oaks. I have no idea where that is, how far it is, or anything. Mapquest will be a favorite this weekend.

OFIH
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Really? They got back to me within hours and normally I have replies to my emails within hours. Let me get you the email addresses I have used.

team@familyhopecenter.org - This is who I emailed. I spoke to two different people. The first time it was someone just giving me tons of information. They told me what they do in a nutshell, sent me some informational handouts, and pricing. Then I emailed that today and I got the woman that deals with the financials (she sends you the registration form and handles your payments). My flexible spending account will pay for this class. Wahoo. I am also petitioning my insurance company to pay for it (reimburse me). I spoke to them a while back about paying to train me to help my children and they said they very much would do that. It would require paperwork and a process, but it was doable.
Quoting mothersthought:

I requested information but they never got back to me.. I'm really interested in attended... I want to go so bad. It seems so cool and unique...

Quoting OFIH:

OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)