Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Andrew stood up for himself

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
For the past year this seven year old (same age as Andrew) has been picking on my son. He has pushed Andrew, punched his tooth out and makes fun of the way he talks. Well today...Andrew was outside playing. This kid walked up to my son And knocked him to the ground. Andrew got mad, stood up and knuckle punched the kid in the nose. This kid was gushing blood everywhere. I went to the kids mom and explained once again her son was messing with Andrew.
This kid was leaking like a stuff pig!
I talked to Andrew and told of him it was fine for him to stick up for himself.
Maybe this kid will now stop pushing Andrew down and picking on him. The bully finally got what was coming to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I am glad your child stood up for himself but I would have called the police when the my child got his tooth knocked out! Hugs mama

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I did call the police, but because the kod was inder the age of 12 there was nothing legally that could have been done.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I am glad your child stood up for himself but I would have called the police when the my child got his tooth knocked out! Hugs mama

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Good for Andrew!  

I know, I know, probably not PC and all, but really I agree that the bully got what was coming to him.  I do wonder though, what did his mother say when you told her?

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

woohoo

I hate bullys.

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this
She just looked at me and told her son to get in the house

Quoting amonkeymom:

Good for Andrew!  

I know, I know, probably not PC and all, but really I agree that the bully got what was coming to him.  I do wonder though, what did his mother say when you told her?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Good for your son!  Nice!

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Good for Andrew. It took me doing that in the 9th grade... YEARS ago. It's a huge turn around once the bullies get the hint that you'll fight back.

rosemagic01
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Not judging but by the sounds of it he was outside alone? Why knowingly put your child in situations in which he gets bullied without supervision?

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I was in the kitchen cooling when it all went down. I have always broken up the fights this kid starts. Just so happen my back was turned this time. There had to come a time where Andrew HAD to stand up for himself. I am the one who taught him how to punch and when the time was right for him to defend himself.
It's just this one kid, all the others stick up for Andrew, but seems like Andrew had enough and got sick of being picked on. I fully support what my son did and will be looking into mma classes since I take MMA myself.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Not judging but by the sounds of it he was outside alone? Why knowingly put your child in situations in which he gets bullied without supervision?

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too :(

Quoting mypbandj:

woohoo

I hate bullys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN