Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter made a lady cry yesterday

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 10 Replies
5 moms liked this

We were at the mall attempting to get Easter pics. That didn't happen because the line was long and she got overstimulated. As we were leaving she decided to sit on the bench right next to this lady and she gave her a big hug.

DD is on the severe end of the autism spectrum as well as mentally handicapped and usually not that friendly with strangers. Well the lady's eyes welled up and she said she had been having a bad day and that she really needed that. She said that Christine had made her day. By the time we left I was about to cry too. What sweet things have your kids done recently?

It's Cassandra Cat! 

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My 5 year old son will instantly decide who he likes. He will hug them,want to sit on their laps. It's amazing how loving these kids are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
That's sweet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

that is absolutely a heartwarming story. Kids just seem to know. I guess we as adults don't really pay attention but children see so much. I am glad that she made that ladies day. It made my day just reading about it. Thank you so much for sharing

krnelson04
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Aww, so sweet. Thanks for sharing that! 

JennaPBug
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I swear they can sense that in people. my son usually just plays on the playground but one day randomly went up to a nearby park bench and sat there smiling at this lady with a prosthetic leg. It was a one way conversation but she seemed happy to have the company

bugsmama149
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My son texted me a bit ago that I'm the best Mom in the world....................because I'm bringing him a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos after I get off work.   Lol, I guess it doesn't take much to be the best Mom ever!

Cubanmom84
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Last week mine gave me a bad night, woke up at 3 am screaming and just crying for about an hour until he fell asleep in my bed... in the mornng I started dressing for school (his non verbal) and I said, "we are going to wear green this morning" and he just started telling me the colors "blue, green, white, pink" and I completely froze... i just stared at him for like 2 seconds and hurried and started repeating the colors to see if he would do it again and he did.... i was in a bad mood cause of the bad night, after that I was happy for the rest of the day lol

saltycoqui
by Eve on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Sweet. Sometimes kids just know.
LaurieMomof4
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh, how lovely. My 5 year old son asked me to marry him yesterday. He said we could get married outside at night with candles and it would be a very nice party :)

Alma4Mom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Lol! This is so cute we are the best hahaha!

Quoting bugsmama149:

My son texted me a bit ago that I'm the best Mom in the world....................because I'm bringing him a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos after I get off work.   Lol, I guess it doesn't take much to be the best Mom ever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)