Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Speech and occupational therapy

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

Today we go in for our sons speech and occupational therapy evaluation at the school. A little nervousness about it. They were going to just use his speech evaluations from his speech therapist but I wanted them to do their own. So hopefully they do it today and I don't have to go back for that.  IEP should be in the next 2-3 weeks

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Thanks

Quoting mypbandj:

Good luck!

OFIH
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck. It's hard, as a parent, to sit in on those because while most will start with their strengths in the parent meeting portion, eventually you have to get to the reason you are there...their weaknesses. It's hard to hear those all in one place, all at one time. But, know that hearing them is part of the helping them process. I hope this is the best evaluation ever for your little one.

N.Carter2001
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Good luck !

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Good luck!

mariat2
by Maria on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dawncs
by Dawn on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Good luck!

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

LostInLove2002
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Yes yes. It can be hard but it's sooooo worth it. They see things we do not. I wish you the very best. Do keep us updated.

Quoting OFIH:

Good luck. It's hard, as a parent, to sit in on those because while most will start with their strengths in the parent meeting portion, eventually you have to get to the reason you are there...their weaknesses. It's hard to hear those all in one place, all at one time. But, know that hearing them is part of the helping them process. I hope this is the best evaluation ever for your little one.

LostInLove2002
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Yes yes. It can be hard but it's sooooo worth it. They see things we do not. I wish you the very best. Do keep us updated.

Quoting OFIH:

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Keep us updated mom! Its for the best :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)