Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Challenge: Raise Awareness about Autism - 3 moms will WIN Prizes!!

Posted by   + Show Post

jigsaw ribbonApril is Autism Awareness Month

• Let's help raise awareness on CafeMom by creating one long thread dedicated to Autism Spectrum Disorders.
  • Reply to this post with ribbons, symbols, logos, links, bumps and any thoughts that you'd like to share.

Three members who reply to this post during the month of April will WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug.

For more information on Autism, click here:  

Here are links to more giveaways dedicated to Autism Awareness Month:

The Giveaway Rules:
The Autism Awareness Giveaway starts 4/2/13 at 9am (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (301-307):
josiah0927
by Shanta on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

jigsaw ribbon

mislastchild
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM

has anyone taken the MMR shot after 20 yrs old

sharonbergman
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM

We are raising awareness by writing a book and trying to stay in the eye of media that Autistic kids can be successful.  Autistic teens can change the world.  Both my daughter, some of her neurotypical friends and autistic friends say they would not want to be cured because even with all the pain they value their "autistic gifts"  But they hate being seen as Autistic first.  "I am a person who happens to have some challenges, when I have accomodations then everyone can enjoy my gifts.  I meet new "autistic" who say "i can't because I am Autistic".  Find your talents and things you can do and focus on that"  Alair Bergman 17 year old Autistic author of My Best Friend Goldie.   see more about her here:http://www.metroparent.com/Metro-Parent/April-2013/Chickens-and-Autism-How-Goldie-Helps-a-Michigan-Teen/#.UVDlSKlLFE0.email

sharonbergman
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

You know when your an "autism Mom" when your child says "doggy" before Mommy and becomes best friends with a chicken before people!  see http://www.mybestfriendgoldie.com/

Now my 17 year old autistic is going to write for Practical Poultry magazine, did not envision that when giving birth!

Chicklets13
by Kris on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on May. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

congratulations ....and the WINNERS are...

MissTacoBell     silentdreamer     Givemefive

You have each won a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN