Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Giveaway: How much do we have in common? Share Your Autism Story & WIN!!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 92 Replies
2 moms liked this

Share your story so we can all get to know you better.

• Tell us about yourself and your child and anyone you know who has been touched by autism.
  • Share any details and information on when diagnosis on the autism spectrum was suspected, treatments, therapies, etc.
  • Share stories on the wonderful times and challenging times!

Then, see what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has a story similar to yours, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button to share what you have in common!

The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share something in common with you!:)

jigsaw ribbon

Three Moms who reply to this post by April 30th at 11pm will WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Here are links to more giveaways dedicated to Autism Awareness Month:

The Giveaway Rules:
The Share Your Story Giveaway starts 4/2/13 at 9am (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I'm Wendy my son has autism.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My name is Carissa

I'm 35

Born, raised and still living in PA (near Pittsburgh)

married to my high school sweet heart Dan for almost 15 yyears

my dh is a pastor of our  church and our family is very iinvolved 

We run an autism support group/play group at our church once a mmonth 

We have a Saturday night service at our church once a month geared towards adults and kids with special needs, sensory issues..etc.. But anyone is welcome to come wworship

i have 3 amazing kids.. My 8 yo son has pdd.nos (dx 5 years ago) I have a 6 yo dd who wants to be a fashion designer and a 15 mo son who keeps me very busy and wants to keep up with his older siblings

i like coffee, taking pics, going for walks, watching sports (die hard Steelers and Penguins fan)  talking..I talk a lot...and making new friends.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

My son does too

Quoting aidensmomma508:

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My son has Autism too

Quoting Charizma77:

My son does too

Quoting aidensmomma508:

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Brenda. I am 40 and have 2 wonderful kids. My dd is 4 will be 5 in sept. my son is 2 will be 3 this month. My wonderful husband and I have been married for 5 years. My dh is in the Army and we are stationed at ft Campbell ky. My son was dx with ASD July 2012. I am till learning so much everyday and at times feel lost. You moms are so great for sharing your tips and experiences. I am so glad I found this group 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I love taking pics too but I'm a New England fan here reed sox patriots lol is it ok I private message you I have questions about your service

Quoting Charizma77:

My name is Carissa

I'm 35

We have a Saturday night service at our church once a month geared towards adults and kids with special needs, sensory issues..etc.. But anyone is welcome to come wworship

i have 3 amazing kids.. My 8 yo son has pdd.nos (dx 5 years ago) I have a 6 yo dd who wants to be a fashion designer and a 15 mo son who keeps me very busy and wants to keep up with his older siblings

i like coffee, taking pics, going for walks, watching sports (die hard Steelers and Penguins fan)  talking..I talk a lot...and making new friends.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Sure! 

Quoting aidensmomma508:

I love taking pics too but I'm a New England fan here reed sox patriots lol is it ok I private message you I have questions about your service

Quoting Charizma77:

My name is Carissa

I'm 35

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Thanks for sharing your story my son has autism too

Quoting JTMOM422:

Hi my name is Brenda. I am 40 and have 2 wonderful kids. My dd is 4 will be 5 in sept. my son is 2 will be 3 this month. My wonderful husband and I have been married for 5 years. My dh is in the Army and we are stationed at ft Campbell ky. My son was dx with ASD July 2012. I am till learning so much everyday and at times feel lost. You moms are so great for sharing your tips and experiences. I am so glad I found this group 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks I wrote you 

Quoting Charizma77:

Sure! 

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Quoting Charizma77:

My name is Carissa

I'm 35

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Im emma, i'm 27 and autistic - my son and I were diagnosed together last summer. He's special needs with other disabilities/mental health issues on top of autism, but he's stable and that's what matters.

I don't mind being autistic and am glad to finally have answers.

We do more holistic methods of helping have a healthy mind and body and we homeschool. We use animals for theurapitic purposes and find it greatly enriches our life. We spend a lot of time as a family and I think that's very healthy for us.

We do social activities in structured environments, which I think it works out better.

I blog about it, but I don't think it's all that interesting to read. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)