Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

HELP!!!!! I have a 14 year old son with Autism. His behavior is off the hook.  He stands on the table, yells, tears up his clothes, bangs on the table. He is verbal, and potty trained. How do I get this behavior under control.  It is almost as if he has regressed back into his childhood, only bigger.  any suggestions????? He has been through 5 respite care workers, they cannot handle him, gives new meaning to off the hook!!!!! OMG!!! I think I need a good viamin!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucasmadre
by Kari on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think sometimes as our children get older the pressures of life start to effect them and they have no way of dealing with it. If he is verbal maybe some counseling could help. There has to be someone out there up for the challenge. Can you try and find out what is driving him so crazy? Could it be hormones? 

I am so sorry for both of you, not easy to have a teenager, harder to have a ASD teenage boy!  XO

maciymommieof3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Oh no.... I  am looking for answers too....good luck

VioletsMomTown
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, sounds like puberty might be happening, its the right age. There is a website called Squag for kids with autism, maybe he could go on there and talk to some girls to get out some angst.

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Does he have a counselor? Services at school? What works for them at school? Would you consider drug therapy? 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I agree wirh this!

Quoting lucasmadre:

I think sometimes as our children get older the pressures of life start to effect them and they have no way of dealing with it. If he is verbal maybe some counseling could help. There has to be someone out there up for the challenge. Can you try and find out what is driving him so crazy? Could it be hormones? 

I am so sorry for both of you, not easy to have a teenager, harder to have a ASD teenage boy!  XO

Myspace Comments

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Hugs mama!
lucasmadre
by Kari on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I am afraid I will be looking down the barrel of this same gun before too long...my son is 9 going on 16 (or at least he thinks so.) Thankfully girls are still "icky." God bless us all!!!   XOXOXOXO One day at a time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)