Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go figure!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
last week I was on spring break from college and was home a bunch more. Last week was also very challenging for Zachary. A lot of meltdowns. We expected this since it always happens at my school breaks. I went back to school this week and he's on spring break now. I have been leaving notes in the morning for him which has been helping him not be so upset I'm gone and overall its been a great week. He's been using his words and discussing how he feels instead of hitting. Honestly its been such a good week, if i didnt know what a bad week was like with him i wouldnt even think Zachary was on the spectrum at all(but I know better than to get lulled into a false sense of security with a good week lol) The ONLY thing different was he didnt have school. Apparently the stress from school(didn't even know there was any) just added up with daily life stress and he couldn't handle it. Take school out(as minimal as it is) and he can function better. Go figure! I thought no school would be worse for him.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TheJerseyGirl
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I know...school stresses D out sometimes to the point where I feel he just shuts down when he first gets home. He is SO happy to be home in the afternoons...I know he does well in school and is ok but it breaks my heart to know he's there and stressing out!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Glad you're getting to know your son better.  It's nice that he gets a break and can take it easy!  Hugs mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)