Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your lo...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 15 Replies

It is very hard to take pictures of my ds. He's 3. He never sits still or he looks away, when I'm trying to take pictures. He has this thing about looking out the corner of his eye, so I have a few pictures like that. It literally takes me 100 times to get one good picture. Usually I have to time it right. How is your lo, while taking pictures? 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OFIH
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My most affected son won't tolerate many pictures and those often have a very forced, "I hate this" smile. I gave up and started taking candids or I have him look at things he's very interested in instead of the camera. I get beautiful pictures now. I shoot fast and a lot of pictures. I don't force a pose or a smile anymore.
OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We have some amazing picutures, thank god for digital cameras, we just take a bunch and pick through for the good ones. She is good for us, not for professional photos so much. For Violet's school photo I took her in before the school opened and we got the photographer to ourself. I ended up chasing her around the gym and she had to be bribed with a leap pad to keep her still, but it actually came out looking so cute. The class group photo not so great, she's screaming like a banshee, lol.

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

SarahLynn1985
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
With molly its the same way will never sit still. But she looooovvvveeeessss the camera the moment you bring it out shes up in your face saying cheese she cant grasp that i cant take her picture if shes 2 inches from my face and camers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

ds is the same way lol.

Now he smiles but his chin is always up LOL

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

He's hit or miss, we have some really cute pics and some pics with a fake cheesy grin, some where he is jumping up and down..depends on his mood.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

BUMP!

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Liam sees the camera and he's running behind it to see the picture and I'm like, I have to take it before you can see it!

But I think you get the best pictures when you shoot them while they are doing something else. Candid shots just have a more natural and beautiful feel IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My son has just now started looking at the camera for pictures. he actually get excited about the camera. still won't sit still for the picture but now it's cause he is so excited LOL.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
He's pretty good about pictures but sometimes refuses to smile... Just stares and narrows his eyes lolol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

He has his days where he doesn't like his picture taken, but most of the time he is good. He is really good if one of his siblings is in the picture with him. 

When we lived in Germany, my camera went everywhere, so he got rather used to the camera.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)