Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

thanks moms....

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:08 AM
  • 20 Replies
7 moms liked this

It is a quiet sunday morning at my house and I just wanted to take a minute to thank each and every one of you who have answered my posts and helped me through one of the hardest transitions in my life. I seriously KNOW that without this outlet I would not be as far along the path of acceptance. My son and I are both doing so much better and that is in part because I have a place now where I can be completely honest about how I feel and maybe even occasionally help another mom through something...To know there are other moms out there struggling through the same things I am helps me sleep at night and know I am not alone. 

So to each and every mom out there, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  XO

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VioletsMomTown
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

blowing kisses

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

busymommy98
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No problem! You have helped me smile more than once, too. Hugs!

mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

hugs

bugsmama149
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Awww, that's what we're all here for mama. I too feel blessed to have found this group. I don't post or reply every day but that doesn't mean I don't read what other's have to say. I've found that my envy of all those "normal" Mom's has decreased alot in the past couple years. It's hard not to feel bitter and angry when you feel alone. Having a special needs child can be a very isolating feeling and it's so important for us to keep in touch with other Mom's who know exactly how we feel. I've gone from being totally despondent to finding acceptance. Do I wish Ryan wasn't autistic? Yeah, of course. But do I accept that he's autistic? Yes, I do. There are countless times where I've wondered what kind of kid Ryan would be like if he was NT. And you know what my inner-consciousness tells me? That there would be no better Ryan than the Ryan I have today. That the problems I face today would just be replaced with other problems if he wasn't autistic. That maybe he and I wouldn't be as close as we are due to adolescence and such. I just love him you know?  So you keep your head up mama, we've got good days and bad like everyone else but yes, it does help to not be alone.

blessedhappymom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Like my son says, "big thumbs up, high five it and bump it" :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAMI_JO
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

That's what we are here for.

Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I am right there with you. The women on this sight are a great support to me. I am grateful for everyone hear also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

This really is a great group of women. So glad I found you all. HUGS momma. You have supported us just as much.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Awww hugs, mama! I feel the exact same way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN