Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Ink4Autism

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you've been thinking about getting an autism tat, now may just be the time. I wish I had the money and a good design in mind. I'm going to focus on it between now and next year.

https://www.facebook.com/Ink4Autism

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unusualmom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I have a blue puzzle piece and a green puzzle piece to represent each boy.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Cool! Not for me but still cool ;)

Cubanmom84
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to get one sooooo bad, I bought my MIL a red coffee cup with a butterfly and the wings were filled with puzzle pieces and the colors, she knew I want an autism tattoo and she was like "isn't this a great for a tattoo?" And I thought to my self "that's the only useful thing you have said sense I met you" but I said "yeah sure, whatever" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kittie26
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO!

Quoting Cubanmom84:

I want to get one sooooo bad, I bought my MIL a red coffee cup with a butterfly and the wings were filled with puzzle pieces and the colors, she knew I want an autism tattoo and she was like "isn't this a great for a tattoo?" And I thought to my self "that's the only useful thing you have said sense I met you" but I said "yeah sure, whatever" lol

LostInLove2002
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Funny you'd post that.  Here's mine that I want.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM

oh my gosh, for a moment i thought it was about tatoos for autistic children, in case they get lost. 

which honestly is a good idea in theory. but couldnt do it! 

lol i may want one of these! thank you! 

trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My husband is a tattoo artist. I will have to show this to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAMI_JO
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I don't think tating a child is the answer. But there needs to be something that can identify our children in case of a wreck, or a runner. If my eyes are not strictly on him, or if I can't hear him. I get scared. He is almost 15 and is still a runner at times.

Cubanmom84
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM

LOL thats how my brain works lol

Quoting Kittie26:

LMAO!

Quoting Cubanmom84:

Kittie26
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Yeah - this wasn't meant for children. Sorry if I didn't make this clear. It's meant for us as moms and other family members if we want to show support for our kids and raise awareness through body art. During April, participating tattoo parlors will give a portion of their money raised to Autism Speaks. www.ink4autism.com to find a participating artist.

Quoting SAMI_JO:

I don't think tating a child is the answer. But there needs to be something that can identify our children in case of a wreck, or a runner. If my eyes are not strictly on him, or if I can't hear him. I get scared. He is almost 15 and is still a runner at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)