Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spitting

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 12 Replies
My son recently started playing with his spitt.I don't know why he does it.Anyone had this issue with their ads child?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
icn_mom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

How old is your son? It could be sensory play.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Never had that problem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariat2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
He's five

Quoting icn_mom:

icn_mom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

to me it sounds like sensory play... when you see him doing it give him something else that is stimulating to play with :) now when yous ay hes playing with it, is it in his mouth, fingers etc?

Quoting mariat2:

He's five

Quoting icn_mom:

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM

My son had a phase of spitting too --to your face!

Ugh!

I made a social story for it . I edited from this one to make it more understandable for my son: http://rosalynictportfolio.wikispaces.com/file/view/spitting_socialstory%5B1%5D.pdf

That really helped. It stopped it completely at school and at home, I just stayed calm and said, "are we suppose to do that?" He would say "no". Eventually it faded out.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Oh, in my son's case it was not sensory, it was "testing" but with no malice behind it. He wasn't angry for example or b/c we said "no" to something, etc.

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My son just learned to spit and thinks its fun to spit at his sister in the tub. In his defense she taught him LOL

Basherte
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My son puts his fingers in his mouth and chews on them. He also sticks his fingers in my mouth. Trying to get me to chew on them too. (at least I think)

Mine hasn't learned to spit. He will not be learning from anyone in this house.

CafeMom Tickers
JavaMama110108
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

My 3 yr old had his 2 front teeth removed and he pretends to sneeze and spits on the "choo". He thinks its hilarious and we have been trying to get him to stop. I just tell him that its icky and not nice to spit and sometimes it works, but you know how they are! Probably just discovering one mroe thing he can do!

mariat2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
mainly in his mouth byt sometimes in his fingers.I already told him its not cool to that he is getting it.I guess its just a phase.

Quoting icn_mom:

to me it sounds like sensory play... when you see him doing it give him something else that is stimulating to play with :) now when yous ay hes playing with it, is it in his mouth, fingers etc?

Quoting mariat2:

He's five

Quoting icn_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)